E- residence cards

I have been researching the idea of living in Malta. But I find that the administration relating to e- residents cards are in disarray and it might be some considerable time before I receive my e- residents card. Unless of course information that I'm currently seeing is out of date. And that at this point e- residence cards are coming through to people in a reasonable time?

I'm sure that many of you are aware that much information even from this site is out of date which makes it very difficult decision making process.
I am referring to travelling from the UK the island of Malta this happened quite a long time ago and I got this information from this site this person put his car on a train then travelled to one of the ferry terminals and I thought I might do the same, until I discovered  that the ferry he used is no longer taking that journey.
I appreciate of course that you can't get everything right there so much information out there that doesn't necessarily have a date on it.
If you can help me in relation to the e- residents card situation at this time I would be very grateful anybody's help.

inherent wrote:

I have been researching the idea of living in Malta. But I find that the administration relating to e- residents cards are in disarray and it might be some considerable time before I receive my e- residents card. Unless of course information that I'm currently seeing is out of date. And that at this point e- residence cards are coming through to people in a reasonable time?

I'm sure that many of you are aware that much information even from this site is out of date which makes it very difficult decision making process.
I am referring to travelling from the UK the island of Malta this happened quite a long time ago and I got this information from this site this person put his car on a train then travelled to one of the ferry terminals and I thought I might do the same, until I discovered  that the ferry he used is no longer taking that journey.
I appreciate of course that you can't get everything right there so much information out there that doesn't necessarily have a date on it.
If you can help me in relation to the e- residents card situation at this time I would be very grateful anybody's help.

Every post on here has a date on it and if you choose to consult an old one there is nothing anyone can do about it.
As far as eResidence application is concerned, if you read the 'Sticky'  -  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643  -  the information is still pretty much relevant, the link to 'Identity Malta', as it is now known, will give you the basics, the main difference is that you can no longer apply by post.
As for how long it takes, it is relatively quick compared to the time it used to take, ours took 8 months and the system changed twice in that time!

Ray

Yes it changed for the better : we applied for e-residence a few months ago and got it 3/4 weeks later. You can save a lot of time by reading very carefully the guidelines (they're pretty clear) and providing all the relevant documents on your first visit. And indeed you have to go there by yourself, you can no longer do it by post or by sending an advocate on your behalf.