Ovens in Apartments

How come many of the Apartments in Singapore do not have ovens to cook in? We are moving there soon and are wondering why??

just buy it la

yeah that's very strange, my place even don't have kitchen hood exhaust, only fan and filter!

different place, different culture..

art23 wrote:

How come many of the Apartments in Singapore do not have ovens to cook in? We are moving there soon and are wondering why??

The prevalent methods of cooking over here are mostly Asian e.g. Chinese stir-frying in a wok, steaming, boiling or cooking food like curries in pots over stoves . . . Ovens are more useful for western cooking like baking and roasting . . .

fermisk wrote:

my place even don't have kitchen hood exhaust, only fan and filter!

Yeah, more often than not, the exhaust is not built in so remember to replace the filter regularly.

You will find most places have little convection ovens built into a random cupboard. They are tiny but work ok to heat things up. Lots of expats buy the little ovens you can get at appliance stores. They are small so don't pack any baking trays that fit a full size oven back home.

Some of the newer condos DO have ovens.  I use mine all the time and it came with our apartment.

Interesting. I have an oven at the apartment. But I am just not sure what foods can be cooked in oven? I used it for cookies once.

So any advice?