A Sunny Hello/ Mabuhay from a Filipina

Mabuhay! Welcome to the Philippines.   :cheers:

I am a Filipina (of Malay, Chinese, and Spanish descent) and I have been living in the southern part of Manila for most of my life.
I have been to two countries in Europe and two countries in Asia as a tourist, and
among my passions are travel, nature, world culture, the arts, photography, and music.

If you are in search of a new friend whom you could rely on, and from whom you'd like to learn how it is to live in the Philippines, then try me. I am online most of the day and night.
My two children are in their early 20s, and online activities/ socializing is one of the ways for me to cope in life. I was divorced years ago and I have been living alone as a parent to my son for the past 15 years.
I teach piano part-time (home service and in a school).
I also wrote a Music textbook, I compose songs, and I help the Multi Media Department of a publishing company. I transcribe, harmonize, play, and record Filipino folk songs.

May your stay in the Philippines bring you nothing but good, happy memories.  :)

- Amalia

Why thank you for the introduction. I'm Nathan and I am always open to friends. I live in Ilocos Norte. I'm a bit far from you but it's only Land distance... Cyber space is available 24/7... inbox me anyone anytime....

Hi Nathan! Thanks for the message. :-)

Hi Amalia, greetings! My name's YC, and I've recently moved to the Philippines, BGC area for a job offer. Been here for almost two weeks now, but am eager to go around exploring the places as from what I saw online, the Philippines is one of the best country in the world for its amazing scenery! :)

Hi YC! Thanks for the reply. This archipelago offers a variety of fun & scenic places. Your work place is quite near the historical Intramuros (Manila), and you might also like to see the historic University of Santo Tomas; it's also in Manila. There are museums near BGC that are open on weekends (and are closed on Mondays) like the National Museum & the UST Museum, among others, if you are into arts. I hope you have a great time going to different places, YC. :-)

Questions and answers about Manila

Ask your question
Cano Manuel
Repatriating Dead Body Back to Home Country
By Cano Manuel
Bringing silver coins to the Philippines.
By eduardo001
Help finding movers in Metro Manila
By rachelsantos
Diectorate passport ban
By Ramon23
Ajay Gosain
Indian wants to go Philippine... help seek
By Ajay Gosain
Badminton Makati
By prashant8401

Expatriate health insurance in Manila

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Manila