Immigrating to Malta

Greetings everyone....

We are a family of 5; children age 25, 22 and 14, planning to relocate to Malta as early as January 2017 or Summer 2017. I run my own business from home so I am flexible to live anywhere in Malta so long I have a fast reliable internet service. My daughter (14) will be going to virtual school (online), so we are good with school.

Would anyone be able to assist and refer the followings:
1. Agency who can assist in applying for residency
2. Is there a specific area(s) with fastest internet connection?
3. Any recommended area for housing with 4 BR minimum? ($1000-2000/mo budget)
    preferably an area where we will hardly need to drive and close to a university and local restaurants
4. What do I need to know/watch out in rental agreement?
5. Will you recommend riding a motorcycle? I'd like to have one there

I think these are my main questions for now. Thank you much in advance.

Philip
Jacksonville, FL

Do tell more about the virtual school your daughter goes to. Genuinely interested.

Hi mantasmo > you can start a new thread with your question on the Malta forum as the OP is looking for other information concerning his questions. Well, if you have any advises for him, please do not hesitate to share them here.

Thank you.

Christine wrote:

Hi mantasmo > you can start a new thread with your question on the Malta forum as the OP is looking for other information concerning his questions. Well, if you have any advises for him, please do not hesitate to share them here.

Thank you.

What on earth is wrong with the question from Mantasmo about 'Virtual schooling' to someone who actually mentioned it in his post!
Information on an expat site works both ways.
I have not seen that mentioned in a post on here before so I understand why Mantasmo asked for more information!

Ray

Hello..

I guess the best way to explain to you is just giving you the links.

there are plenty others alike, from secular such as https://www.internationalvla.com/ to Christian based such as http://www.enlightiumacademy.com/

Online virtual school is one of the best options out there for expats with children. They give the flexibility to enjoy life, travel and career.

Hope this helps

Philip

PSnews wrote:

Online virtual school is one of the best options out there for expats with children. They give the flexibility to enjoy life, travel and career.

However it should be noted that virtual schooling a.k.a homeschooling is not always legal in a foreign country.  As such, I'm not sure that it is legalized or recognized in Malta.  Anyone considering it may want to consult local legal counsel before making that decision.