Can I apply for Australian PR on self basis??

Hi all expat members,

I have decided to apply for australian PR visa. Can someone help me in getting process started ?

I have checked Australian Visa site & i think i am eligible for state sponsored visa under 189 & 190 ?

Can i apply my own or i have to go through agency ?

What all steps are required to get the VISA? Can anyone share me the required link?


Hi Harry,

You don't need to go through an agency to apply for PR. My husband and I did because we wanted to make sure that we didn't make any mistakes, but ultimately, we ended up having to correct almost every line on the form that they sent us.

If you are fluent in British English (we speak American English), you should be fine. It is close enough to Australian English to get through the application process.

Good luck!

Hi, unless you are very confident about the application process, it is always a good idea to use a registered migration agent.

Anyone who wishes to apply for a sc. 189 visa must first be invited to lodge an application by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
In order to qualify for an invitation, you must lodge an ‘Expression of Interest’ (EOI.

At the time that you are invited to apply for this visa, you must:
•    be under 50 years of age
•    nominate an occupation that is included on the relevant Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
•    have your skills assessed by the appropriate Australian skills assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation
have competent English
•    score at least 60 on the relevant points test (which takes into account your age, English competency, qualifications and work experience, amongst other factors)

For the sc. 190 visa there are additional requirements which vary from state to state.

The best way to tackle this is to focus initially on the skills assessment and  the English requirements.

New topic