A warning

Hi, fellow expats,
I received a message purportedly coming from this site, including the return address looking like a bona fide expat.com notification address. The message itself was suspicious, telling me that a certain member (who actually appears on the list of expat.com individual members) wanted to contact me through private email, and I could click here.... etc., standard spam stuff (so much so that it was caught by my spam filter). I of course did not click, and double-checked on the non-existence of the message by logging in directly to the forum. But this is just a warning to others who might receive similar messages to not be so quick about clicking on a link given in a notification email supposedly from this site; if in doubt, just come directly to the site.
Cheers!

@nomadreid  I have asked an administrator to contact you regarding this claim. 

Alternatively and perhaps more appropriately, you can send an email to the administrators by using the CONTACT US link at the bottom of every page, they will investigate any problem promptly.  Expat.com takes strong measures to eliminate any sources of spam, and I've never heard complaints of spam coming from the site itself.  I'm not saying your claim is not true, just that it sounds unusual ;)

Please keep in mind the forum is for discussion of expat topics.  Complaints or problems should be directed to the staff directly.  Thanks.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

nomadreid wrote:

I received a message purportedly coming from this site, including the return address looking like a bona fide expat.com notification address!

Please PM the return email address to me.

Hi nomadreid,

I am contacting you in private regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi,  Fred,   The return address in my email was [email protected]
David