Marriage and ID card and HK passport

Evenings !
It is a pleasure to create a subject and  to know procedures  and laws of each country  i am coming in hong kong for 26 days in 31  july and i think if i like HK I would like to stay there and work there but my first will be as  tourist can i  stay there if there is a woman to get married with her ( foreigner working there with ID card) and do my certificate of birth and my passport enough to  get married and if any documents needed must it be translated  in  ENGLISH or have to be stamped with Minstry of foreigner affairs,? that s for marriage and ID card could be given to me before or till i will stay 8 YRS AND can i apply for HK passport if  have ID card ?

Hi
Being married with a foreigner working in HK can or cannot give you a visa, depending on the type of visa your wife has. In any case you will never be eligible for a Hong Kong passport, only for permanent residency, and that's after seven years.

PS: getting married for the purpose of obtaining a visa is a serious offense. You risk jail, a huge fine and you will be expelled from the territory after.

Oh nice to know but seems strict  laws if we compare it to European countries.
Thanks for your interaction

THANK YOU AND APPRECIATE YOUR REPLY, PLEASE DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND MY INQUIRY., I JUST WANTED TO GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROCEDURES AND LAWS OF HK. I ASSURE YOU THAT MY INQUIRY WAS NOT FOR VISA INTENTION. ME AND MY FIANCÉ ARE ALSO THINKING OF GETTING MARRIED EITHER IN PHILIPPINES OR MOROCCO BUT SINCE SHE'S STILL WORKING IN HONGKONG, WE'RE FINDING OUT WAYS TO SAY TOGETHER IN ONE CITY.

Abdel2 wrote:

THANK YOU AND APPRECIATE YOUR REPLY, PLEASE DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND MY INQUIRY., I JUST WANTED TO GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROCEDURES AND LAWS OF HK. I ASSURE YOU THAT MY INQUIRY WAS NOT FOR VISA INTENTION. ME AND MY FIANCÉ ARE ALSO THINKING OF GETTING MARRIED EITHER IN PHILIPPINES OR MOROCCO BUT SINCE SHE'S STILL WORKING IN HONGKONG, WE'RE FINDING OUT WAYS TO SAY TOGETHER IN ONE CITY.

Hello Abdel2 :cheers:

Please avoid writing with your caps lock on the forum please, as it is considered as rude and same as shouting.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi Abdel
If your fiancé is from the Philippines and employed in Hong Kong under a "foreign domestic helper" visa, you will not be eligible for a visa in Hong Kong if you get married with her.

Yes i understand Sir thanks so much for your help