Hotels in Indonesia

/

Hotels in Bali are plentiful…very plentiful, and they run the entire range from modest home stays (not really hotels of course), to top of the line first rate resorts.  Truly, a visitor to Bali can pay as little as $10 a day to over $1,000.00 for daily accommodations. 

Virtually all of the world's greatest names in the hotel industry are represented in Bali, and they include Aman Resorts, Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, Hilton, Westin, Saint Regis, Conrad, Hyatt, Kempinski, etc., etc. …the list is truly almost endless.  Nowhere else in Indonesia is there anything even close to the concentration of fine hotels to be found in Bali, and that includes Jakarta.   

At one time or another, in the course of my 18 years of 24/7 living on Bali, I have been to most all of them for a function, meeting, or social event…but obviously not staying over night. 

My personal favorite is the incredible Royal Pita Maha which is just a short walk from our own compound, and perfectly situated along the Ayung River Gorge…the Ayung River being Bali's most sacred and important river.

The building of this incredible resort hotel began a number of years after I had already moved into the village where it was built…that being Bunutan-Kedewatan in Gianyar Regency.  From the very beginning, including all the required ceremonies to “move” the unseen villages, (Niskala) already there, to its current state of almost entire completion, I would walk there at least twice a week.  And, during this earliest phase of its development I personally witnessed paranormal events that still give me goose bumps to this day.  But those are other stories, and I seldom share those experiences publicly. 

This incredible resort was built under the guidance and continuous supervision of many high priests, holy men and balians…the Ayung River being one of the most spiritually powerful places on this planet.  So powerful that in fact, no Balinese will live along the sides of this river.  This is fact. 

The Royal Pita Maha transcends the normal attributes by which a great hotel is judged…beautiful and comfortable suites, fine dining, an incredible staff.  Well beyond those considerations, the Royal Pita Maha most often results in a life changing and cathartic event for the guest.  Virtually every visitor that Eri and I have welcomed over the years since it opened, suggesting they stay at the Royal Pita Maha, have experienced the raw spiritual power that emanates from this area.  Many of them return, year after year.

So, when I'm asked about hotels in Indonesia…this is about all I can talk about.

Here is their web site:

http://www.royalpitamaha-bali.com/

I have stayed in many many hotels across Indonesia. I recently stayed at Batavia Apartments a and then the Mulia hotel at Senayan. I normally add to my blog  where I say with photos and I had a blog where I wrote hotel reviews but I found myself without the time to do this justice.

http://placestostayindonesia.blogspot.com/ has many hotel reviews and photos

http://mylifejakarta.blogspot.com/ have the rest

If you would like me add from my blogs then I can and will but I am not sure how long that will take.

I like Tripadvisor for exact those reasons. What would be your site's point of difference?

Haha tripadvisor is good but I rarely found good deal. I prefer using local websites and inspire myself thanks to experiences' sharing!

The last time I went to Bali I used these website's advice: http://www.tourfrombali.com/

I spoke with travellers and they said me it was the best solution they found to enjoy their trip for cheaper prices!

Given how many hotels and the endless thousands of rooms available here in Bali, I've always been of the opinion to never book in advance unless one really wants to stay at a particular resort or hotel.

Just showing up in the lobby with cash in hand will most always secure the very best deal.  An added advantage is getting to see the room which will be yours before making a commitment.

Exceptions to the above would be stays planned for July, August and over the Christmas/New Year's holiday.

What is a good hotel under $100 nearby the airport in Jakarta, CKG i can stay in over night before a long train ride?

There is no railway near the airport yet so it would be wiser to find a good hotel near the Railway station you are leaving from. If Gambir then you can choose many around Thamrin such as Ibis, Artotel, Akmani which are all very good. If Senen, Manngarai or Stasion Kuta then you could look through Agoda.com or Booking.com.

But if you insist in staying by the airport then there is an Ibis styles near Cengkareng or closer to Pluit an Aston, both of which are nice for the night

Yeah actually I won't be taking the train I will be flying I totally forgot about that.  So the Ibis Styles.  I'll look that up, thanks Lukereg.

Yes, some hotels the service are pretty good.  The ones in Bali beach of Kuta, are usually the better standard ones.

Amir Hotel in Batam has a personal touch and the owner is actually from Padang and has other hotels as well.
I always stay at the executive suite but I book online before coming so I get a cheaper rate than walk in.  The breakfast although Indonesian, simpy good and nice.
I have always been treated well by the staff who are friendly and helpful and there is also a welcome drink.

Bintan, I just stay at the one normally patronised by the locals calledd Tanjungpinang Jaya for IDR250,000 which I think is reasonable for walk-in.  They only accept cash and the breakfast simple yet filling before you go out to do your chores.
People of Bintan are more friendly and a relaxed atmosphere.They tend to know who you are if you frequent the place from time to time.

I stayed at the Neo Hotel in Yogyakarta and it was very, very nice.  Room was wonderful, nice and very comfortable.  I stayed there 3 days.  You can eat a buffet style breakfast every morning for about 50,000 rupiah and it is well worth it.  I thoroughly enjoyed the food, and the service.  I then stayed for 2 days at the Omah Dusun which is outside central city Yogyakarta and in a more village like setting with rice paddies everywhere.  That was absolutely fantastic.  Nice basic room and a boxed breakfast 6am each morning.  They also allowed you to ride their nice bikes around the village.  Again very nice.

I have stayed recently at the Ibis Styles in Braga Bandung and it is a great place to stay as it is right on Jl.Asia Africa.
It is new and the hotel is modern and spacious.

The first trip with pictures can be found here

http://mylifejakarta.blogspot.co.id/201 … 2.html?m=1

And my latest post

http://mylifejakarta.blogspot.co.id/201 … g.html?m=1

Two different rooms, 2 different experiences both overall both positive.

I booked through booking.com as they let you pay on arrival for this hotel in any way you like and discount rooms.

The family room I recommend more but check if the last occupants were smokers and hopefully they have fixed the leaking shower but other than that it was a great room and place to stay.

You should note that it took an hour from the toll way to the hotel due to traffic and the road out side is closed on Sunday morning and often Saturday night for festivals and the like.

Fred wrote:

I've just revisited Anyer, staying at the excellent Aston once again.
All the above stands, but I must add the main reasons I like it so much; it's pleasant and relaxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5COZtHZ1hI

Noted.

nice