Close

Condolences to the French

Getting back to the real world outside VN, just want to offer my sincere condolences to our French Expats and to all the innocent people that were murdered in Nice by yet again another terrorist attack ....

I don't think it's ever going to stop so I just ordered 10,000 units 5.56.

I have been to Nice as a teenager and when I first heard the news, I reflected that the layout with the beach, the wide promenade, then the hotels on the land side of the boulevard was probably the pattern for cities like Nha Trang, Qui Nhon and the town part of Da Nang.  It is democratic with a small "d" and so much nicer than places like Vung Tau and the stretch south of Da Nang where the highway is inland and gated resorts separate the people from the beaches.

GaryFunk :

I don't think it's ever going to stop so I just ordered 10,000 units 5.56.

Better to leave the fighting to the 18 year-olds.  I sincerely doubt that the reflexes, endurance and eyesight are what they were the first time around.  Besides that, since private ownership of weapons is essentially banned in Vietnam, actually owning an AK would be a good way to get deported.  :(

I've never owned an AK.  I have several friends that do and it's a great weapon. I just don't care for it.

GaryFunk :

I've never owned an AK.  I have several friends that do and it's a great weapon. I just don't care for it.

Of course I was mistaken because an AK47 takes a 7.62.  But don't worry, any illegal weapon will still get you deported.

Well, don't worry, I'm not worried. I'm perfectly legal in the US and in Vietnam.

Back to France; there have been 10 terrorist attacks in France, in the past 18 months. 238 murdered with hundreds more injured.

The governments of each nation state have to step up and stop this.  I don't want my kids growing up in this mess.

Yes such a shame! I😞

GaryFunk :

Back to France; there have been 10 terrorist attacks in France, in the past 18 months. 238 murdered with hundreds more injured.

The governments of each nation state have to step up and stop this.  I don't want my kids growing up in this mess.

The problem was caused because governments stepped in and started this.
Sad as it is, civilians always end up the victims of stupid politicians.
One kills one lots for ideal A, then the other lot kill someone for ideal B, both claiming the other started it.
It's pathetic crap, fuelled by hatred and propaganda, and none of it is any good to anyone except arms dealers and their well paid politicians.

Fred :
GaryFunk :

The problem was caused because governments stepped in and started this.
Sad as it is, civilians always end up the victims of stupid politicians.
One kills one lots for ideal A, then the other lot kill someone for ideal B, both claiming the other started it.
It's pathetic crap, fuelled by hatred and propaganda, and none of it is any good to anyone except arms dealers and their well paid politicians.

So what,  arms dealer are handing out semi-trackters to terrorists? It's the lack of proper governments that is part of the problem.

Expatriate health insurance in Vietnam

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam

Find tips from professionals about moving to Vietnam

Travel insurance in Vietnam

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Vietnam

Flights to Vietnam

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Vietnam