Your new local habits in the United Arab Emirates

Hello everyone,

Living in the United Arab Emirates is a great way to immerse in a new culture and lifestyle.

Have you embraced local customs since you've lived in the United Arab Emirates? If so, which one(s)?

Did local customs change the way you see things, appreciate life or organize your daily routines? As far as the language is concerned, did you learn new expressions or words and do you use them?

What do you like most about the lifestyle in your host country? Are there any local specificities you are still struggling with?

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Well, am from Uganda. In Uganda; men hardly grow hair. The period i spent in Dubayy UAE, i realised most men grow their hair and they look so great. So, for now i grow my hair. I do look great forreal.

Thanks Dubayy

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : expat.com is not a dating site

lol.   Well, that is pretty direct ;)

being alone most of the time
looking for friends to enjoy without benefits just to hang out

hi, i have a small business, i am happy to work in UAE, peacefull country, clean, and beautifull country.,

hi, i like to make friends through out the world, to talk , chat, meet , from any country, even male or female.if u in uae, mail me xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You may exchange them via the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Saying Masha Allah and Alhamdolillah in most of the sentences. Also picked up many local arabic words like yalla baba, maafi mushkil etc.

breakfast on the beach in july heat.