Your new local habits in Romania

Hello everyone,

Living in Romania is a great way to immerse in a new culture and lifestyle.

Have you embraced local customs since you've lived in Romania? If so, which one(s)?

Did local customs change the way you see things, appreciate life or organize your daily routines? As far as the language is concerned, did you learn new expressions or words and do you use them?

What do you like most about the lifestyle in your host country? Are there any local specificities you are still struggling with?

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

First of al I must say...."EU IUBESC ROMANIE!!!!!!!"...Since i moved here in 2013 it has been fun challenging and interesting. I am a retired  inner city Police officer...my assigned district there in America was like Ferentari only with guns and knives...so I must say it is so peaceful here in Romania....and the people here are kind friendly helpful and patient. I have a peaceful and rich life here....for me the biggest challenge was and is learning Romanian...grammar mostly...my language experience is with German and Russian so local language of course is a challenge but everyone here is so very patient and helpful.....This is THE GREATEST COUNTRY in the world.  My advice to new expats coming  is this, IF you stay in or around Bucharest dont just stay and shop in city centre...expand a little....go to open mrkets at Buca Obor or Delfinului...and take the time to visit the smaller shops and stores in each sector...the owners are kind helpful and friendly...not like the Factory style stores of mega size.  Second if you are western  i.e. America Canada or Britian...remember the customs and cultures are different in a wonderful way...why everyone is accomadating you are wasting a wonderful style of life and customs if you just want western lifestyle . And i cant stress this ENOUGH!!!!....The people's manners here are wonderful.....REMEMBER YOUR MANNERS ALSO!!....In short enjoy this piece of paradise...oh I have been living here in Romania for past 3 years..ENJOY

would you be kind please, advising students coming for medicak studies in Bucharest , lasi, how to find safe ,good cheap comfortable accomodation near uni and safe living and learing more in their 6 years of study.
Much appreciated comment

I would be very much pleased and happy to do this anytime!

mqadir11 wrote:

would you be kind please, advising students coming for medicak studies in Bucharest , lasi, how to find safe ,good cheap comfortable accomodation near uni and safe living and learing more in their 6 years of study.
Much appreciated comment

:offtopic:

Please search the forum or start a new topic.  Also you can address the HOUSING section for accommodation (which is rather full of "expat" priced properties), or local sites like:

www.cauta-imobiliare.rowww.imobiliare.ro

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

THANK YOU
Very kind i will write and need your kind advice once my paper work is complete