Haitian project

Moderators if this is against policy, just go ahead and delete it.
I have started a Crowd funding campaign to build an aquaponics project to help out the local Haitian community here near where I live.  It would employ probably 6 or so people and provide cheap food for the whole community.  An aquaponics project this size should produce when fully built out a ton of fish per month and 5 or 6 tons of veggies, depending on which type of veggies one plants.  This is not a get rich gringo project, but rather a "Missionary project" without any accompanying Gods or Goddesses.
It hasn't really taken off as yet, though it has been out there for a month so far.  One donor has assured me that when I get half way there they will kick in $1000.00.   So what can you do to help out in the country where you live? Try this:

I'm unsure how the forum gods will take this, but the idea seems to be a good one.
I'm a firm believer that expats should try to blend in to their chosen country, and preferably try to assist those in need whenever possible.

I do not see any issue with it at all and applaud your efforts!!!!     Please private message me where it will be -  would love to come see it!!!!

Questions and answers about the Dominican Republic

Ask your question
Hairdressing jobs in Puerto Plata?
By Cookieboy1
Girlfriend experience in dominican republic
By Slavic12
By zaupino
Need link for renters rights ASAP
By Italia1970
Road from Ciabo Airport to Las Terrenas
By Travelove

Expatriate health insurance in Dominican Republic

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Dominican Republic

Moving to the Dominican Republic

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Dominican Republic

Travel insurance in Dominican Republic

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the Dominican Republic

Flights to the Dominican Republic

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Dominican Republic