Expat pay: profiles wanted for British Broadcaster

Do you do a job that everyone thinks is highly paid, but in reality isn't?

Maybe you're a scientist, technician or junior doctor living abroad, working on amazing projects... but the reward is more the skills and experience you pick up rather than the pay packet.

I am a UK-based journalist writing for a major international broadcaster, and I want to hear from you. I'm looking for mid-career rather than gap-year or interns.

It's not a negative piece, and am not looking for anyone to moan about their employer - it's more a reality check, the reality of the job, setting the record straight for people ignorant about the profession, and advice for people considering your line of work. And the skills you are picking up that could lead to highly paid work if you wanted to make that move.

Needed ASAP. Not just UK expats, but any international worker that fits the bill!

Hi UKJourno,

Well I'm self-emplpyed and 33 years old. People think what I do has good earnings, and sure it can be. But you need to be willing to make sacrifice and do whatever it takes to get the product sold.

I know I have something to contribute with, at the least a good conversation. If you want to Skype with me I'll be happy to help you out. PM me and we'll take it from there...

Let's get to work!

Carsten - H&E