Do you do a job that everyone thinks is well paid, but isn't?

Good morning everyone,

Maybe you're a scientist, techie, junior doctor or architect living abroad, working on amazing projects... but the reward is more the skills and experience you pick up rather than the pay packet.

I am a UK-based journalist writing for a major international broadcaster, and I want to hear from you. I'm looking for senior or mid-career rather than gap-year or interns.

It's not a negative piece, and am not looking for anyone to moan about their employer - it's more a reality check, the reality of the job, setting the record straight for people ignorant about the profession, and advice for people considering your line of work. And what skills are you picking up that could lead to highly paid work if you wanted to make that move.

Hello and welcome on board UKjourno :cheers:

To better spread the word amongst our subscribed members, I suggest you to drop an advert in the Looking for testimonies in England

Hello Journo,

This could be very interesting and long research.

Decades ago when I was a student in the UK, I worked on a  project (in Chester) where government (at county council level) was accumulating data on available skill and educational courses verses jobs on the market to manage major mis matches between supply and demand for certain professions which in turn would result in unusually low or high salary package.

The second interesting piece of information I would like to share with you is that in Saudi, it is very common to see different packages for identical job at the same company among employees based on how desperate the employer was and how well an employee managed to negotiate his package.  :one

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
After brexit ...?
By walkingbotanist
By daniel38a
Jobs in London
By AlexHill
Looking for potential business partners for start ups
By mpoliafico

Expatriate health insurance in England

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in England

Moving to England

Find tips from professionals about moving to England

Travel insurance in England

Enjoy a stress-free travel across England

Flights to England

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to England