French tuition

Hi All

Can anyone reccomend someone who teaches French in the Tamarin area?  I've been here 6 weeks now and not progressing that well (all English speaking in the office) but eager to learn.

Thanks

Matt

Hi, after the holidays do call my school ecole du Centre, they'll be happy to let teachers and parents know that you are looking for a tutor.

Hey Matt,

Do ask in local school, a lot of the teachers and especially retired local teachers give extra evening classes to school kids for leaving cert. These classes mainly involve math, chemistry, english and some of them offer french.

We managed to find a local retired teacher in Vacoa to give us French lessons (3hrs a week, twice a week) and he takes 500Rupees per month, which is a great deal.

We found Alliance Francaise, very expensive and the times they offer very unsuitable for people who work from 9-5 and after work hours lessons that they offer are a rip off, you pay about 4,000Mur per month.

good luck in finding a teacher.

Mariam

Thank you both for the help / advice.  We will ask aroundand try and find a local teacher. 

M

Hello Matt,

Just to inform that i have one french lady just in settle in Mauritus. She has been giving tuition at Hotel for our dtaff and it was really fruitfull. If you are interested i can give you her contact number and you can send me a message

We know of a very nice lady in Curepipe who we are going to, it is not exactly very close to Tamarin but please let me know if you would like her contact info.

J.

Hi Matt!

I live in Tamarin and give french lesson
300 Rs per person/per hour...individual class
Feel free to contact me if you are still looking for someone.
Have a great w-end!

My husband is also interested in French lessons in the Tamarin area, but it will have to be evenings after work.

Sameera - do you do evenings?

Many thanks

Hello Rosie,

I could do Monday evening from 7.30 to 8.30pm...will it be ok for your husband?

Have a nice day!

Hi Mariam,

You really made great deal! I have 2 friends also interested in learning french. We would like to find a teacher like that in the north.