Eid 2016

Tomorrow the Eid starts and with a few days off ahead, its a great oppertunity to spend these days outdoors.
What are you planning to do? What would you advise to your fellow expats what is a must see?
Any expositions to watch, events to go?
Of filling the days with family visits and stuff your face full of ma'moul?

Happy Eid to you all and kul aem wa intom begheir!

I got up and made a pot of coffee. Then I drank nearly the whole thing.  Morning coffee is the thing I missed most in Ramadan!  Guest room dusted and mahmoul and chocolates are ready to go!

Instead the whole day on the road to visit the family, we had a breakfast gathering at the family house for the very first time. No need to say it was more relaxing than all the short visits with all the homemade ma'moul, sweet tea or the Arabic coffee which I dislike.

My theory on arabic coffee is that it is served in such small cups because no one wants to drink it in large quantities because it tastes so awful!  I do like the one that nescafe came out with that makes a whole carafe. I guess it's more Saudi style arabic coffee though. Thats what I am making/serving in my house from now on. I like it plus it's much easier. Happy Eid to all!

Just to give more infos, Coffee is discovered by Arabs, especially from Yemen. The English word Coffee comes from the Arabic word Qahwa. The Arab drinks their coffee in small Quantity without sugar (Sada), because they aware the harms which makes the coffee in big or long quantities.

We know, it doesn't taste for a lot of people, even though the new Arab generation, but it is became a traditional thing, which must be ready to be tasted in every Arab house.

I'm just kidding it's not that bad :)  Maybe more of an acquired taste as cardamom isn't really something I was used to before here. Love the Turkish coffee though, as I actually prefer it to American now and take it and the pot when I go home to visit. I'm not much for the sweet coffees as I'd rather save my sugar intake for knafa!

Kip98 wrote:

My theory on arabic coffee is that it is served in such small cups because no one wants to drink it in large quantities because it tastes so awful!  I do like the one that nescafe came out with that makes a whole carafe. I guess it's more Saudi style arabic coffee though. Thats what I am making/serving in my house from now on. I like it plus it's much easier. Happy Eid to all!

I'm sure the Arabic coffee is mud scraped from the bottom of a river :huh:

Code:

I'm sure the Arabic coffee is mud scraped from the bottom of a river

Ladyluck13.... if u mean the coffe which comes with cardamom, should be awared that this sort of coffee is a turkish one... the arabs have adapted this sort of coffe since the ottoman time