Cooperate to open English Center in Da Lat city

Hello everybody,

My name is Phuong, I was born in Da Lat. My family moved to Ho Chi Minh city 15 years ago. Now, I want to come back my hometown and open a business there. I intend to open a English center, focus on teaching English for children and students. My aim is not to open a big center with huge profit, I just want to help student improve their English and conduct some volunteer activity for children in my hometown. I think there will be not only a interesting job but also a meaningful mission for people who love children. So, if you are English native speaker, have experience in teaching English and want to enjoy peaceful life in Da Lat, please reply this post. I will contact you ASAP.

Thank you.

Hello Phuong Thy :cheers:

I invite you to drop an advert in the more appropriate section of the site : Jobs offers in Da Lat to reach out to those subscribed looking for teaching jobs.

Regards

Kenjee
Expat.com

Hello,

we are coming with my partner to Vietnam in November and would love to teach English. I am Polish and he is Czech and we both speak English fluently. We are not natives, but if you think that we could cooperate anyway then we would love to hear more details.

Best regards!
Gosia

Hello Phuong,

This sounds interesting, I'd love to get involved. Can you send me some more info?

Thanks,

Rob

Hello Phuong,

First of all, let me say that I agree with you. A small, friendly school is the best way to teach a language.

I'd like to tell you a little about myself. I am retired. Also I am a native English speaker. I have taught in several English schools but most significant is my three plus years of teaching English in the American-Vietnamese Community Center of Greater Houston.  I have several ESOL diplomas and a long  association  with the Vietnamese people.

My forte is teaching advanced student pronunciation. I firmly believe that teaching pronunciation is the key to being able to speak English without the fear of making mistakes. Many students study grammar for years and become quite knowledgeable; yet their speaking needs help. I have been very successful at  teaching confidence in speaking.

My wife of many years is Vietnamese. Recently, I have been to Vietnam numerous times.  I have always wanted to live in Da Lat.  Thank you for your consideration. I hope I'm not too late :-)

Dan Heyn

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : For own security, do not post personal contact infos on the forum.
danheyn wrote:

Hello Phuong,

First of all, let me say that I agree with you. A small, friendly school is the best way to teach a language.

I'd like to tell you a little about myself. I am retired. Also I am a native English speaker. I have taught in several English schools but most significant is my three plus years of teaching English in the American-Vietnamese Community Center of Greater Houston.  I have several ESOL diplomas and a long  association  with the Vietnamese people.

My forte is teaching advanced student pronunciation. I firmly believe that teaching pronunciation is the key to being able to speak English without the fear of making mistakes. Many students study grammar for years and become quite knowledgeable; yet their speaking needs help. I have been very successful at  teaching confidence in speaking.

My wife of many years is Vietnamese. Recently, I have been to Vietnam numerous times.  I have always wanted to live in Da Lat.  Thank you for your consideration. I hope I'm not too late :-)

Dan Heyn

Dan
Don't post your contact details, you may find it will give you a world of worries.

What's the latest with this?  thanks.

gopackgo wrote:

What's the latest with this?  thanks.

Send her a private message and she will tell you.

Thanks! :)

No response

gopackgo wrote:

No response

Yeah sounds about right, she most probably changed her mind.

do you require  a person with a TESOL certificate of teaching English  or someone who is a westerner who can teach conversation English  who has an accent like a New Yorker   I am looking at a TESOL but then I am 70 years old but still young an healthy an active   my personality is great   so I don't know if you have these issues let me know  raymond

Hi Phuong,

I'm a native English speaker based in Da Lat.

If I can help, please get in touch and good luck with your project.

Thanks,
Michael.

Hi my name is Francis. Please email at ***

I am a qualified teacher with 20 years experience looking to settle in Da Lat

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system if necessary. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Teacher Francis wrote:

Hi my name is Francis. Please email at ***

I am a qualified teacher with 20 years experience looking to settle in Da Lat

I have feeling that the OP is not overly responsive and it is a two year old post.

Ah well. Thanks for pointing that out

i pm you