Reading Recommendations

Hello friends,

I hope you are all doing well.

We have heard from the popular saying that “knowledge is power”. In this respect, I would be extremely grateful if members could share small reviews about books that they have read or are still reading. The intend behind is to get some personal reading recommendation from members and also to share information (books, articles, novels) in different and diverse fields so that we can enrich our minds.

My personal reading recommendations would be:

1.    Eat That Frog! 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time- by Brian Tracy, the author gives great ideas and insights on how to manage how precious time. 

2.    Evolve Your Brain: The Science of Changing Your Mind by Joe Dipenza You and only you have the power to change your mind and evolve your brain for a better life―for good.

3.    Will Eisner graphical novels- A contract with god, A life force, and The Dreamer. For those who like graphics novel or are interested to, here is where all begins, here the authors depict the life of regular people during the great depression in America, sound familiar?

Well, I hope that It might help and encourage members to read and share. I'm looking forward to hear yours.

Best Regards
NewBey.

thanks for sharing, i am a fan of oscar wilde, his literature captivated me in my early high school days

I am an avid reader of detective and mystery novels.  If anyone enjoys them too let me know as I have a collection from various authors e.g. Kathy Reichs, Harry Coben, James Patterson

Well thanks for sharing, that very nice from you :)|

Hi,

Great initiative. Its good to talk about reading as people are reading less.

Lately, I have been reading some books:

1. The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari- by Robin Sharma

2. The Alchemist- Paolo Coehlo

3. Discover your Destiny- by Robin Sharma

4. Secret to Success- by Eric Thomas

I am a bit on personal development and self mastery. For those who love suspense and adventure, I recommend you The Alchemist.

Pascal

For science fiction lovers, I greatly recommend Isaac Asimov the robots series and then the foundation series - just awesome 

Somehow I went back to classic readings with the Sherlock Holmes series which I also like. The Millenium series are quite good as well.

Thanks for your nice recommedations. Indeed these are great authors which have produced masterpieces.

Hope one day we can set up a small session to discuss about them.

I've got another one ;)

well, as you know, I am not an english-speaking native. Something like 10 years ago, I was living in London, doing my best to work & practice my English. At some point I decided to start reading entire books to learn more vocabulary. I went to the bookshop, almost randomly picked a best-seller, called Kane and Abel, by Jeffrey Archer. I will always remember the experience of spending quite a lot of time with my dictionary trying to learn every word I couldn't understand ... but the book was so good, it helped me a lot. Even if I was reading it in English I felt so many emotions - oh yes that is a very good book (the 2nd one is not as good as the 1st one)

Hi Julien,  I saw you comment about SciFi and am sorry to say I don't have any Sci-Fi books with me but I do have some Babylon 5 and Torchwood DVDs.  If you want to borrow them let me know.