Tax rate in Kenya

I am curious if nayone knows the tax rate for Americans in Kenya. I have read there is a standard 30% tax in country and there is no double tax treaty signed.. Very curious as well to the culture and how it is for an American to blend into the culture

Yes, there is a tax rate of about 30% or higher (especially if you are an ED or have a nice salary).  You must get also the work permit, it's mandatory.

About the double tax treaty, by default there are none but you need to ask specifically at your Embassy because one could have been signed.  I am not American so can't tell you exactly if there is one or no.

Kenyans are very friendly people and Nairobi is a cosmopolitan town, so there is a lot of people from different countries, which is great !  There are also many American since the UN is based here.  And if you are pro-Obama and/or a missionary, than people will love you :)

Cheers.

legal advice: foreigners in kenya are classified as non residents. They are taxed under three main categories: business income, income from farming and employment income. For the first Kshs. 121,968/- they are taxed 10 percent. For the next 114,912/- they are taxed 15 percent. For the next 114,912, 20 percent, for the next 114,912, 25 percent and 30 percent for income over 466,704/-.  For taxation, u will need to submit details such as your salary, bonuses,allowances and gross pay.feel free to get in touch for further legal guidance and clarification.