Adapting to the climate in Ukraine

Hello everyone,

Adjusting to new climatic conditions is key in any expatriation process. Moving to Ukraine is no exception.

What are the climate characteristics of Ukraine?

How does the local weather impact your daily life, mood or health?

What are the pros and cons of the climate in Ukraine?

Share you advice and help people adapt quickly to their new weather environment.

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Thanks Priscilla for posting this, since i have been living in Ukraine for past 2 and half years i can only describe my point of view towards the climate,(bear in mind that i come from a desert country) and also currently live in Odessa.

the climate experienced over here is mild dry winter averaging  of -3 to -10 Celsius and snows relatively less as compared to northern regions of ukraine and while in the summer it gets quite humid and rains frequently ,the temperature reaches well above 25-30 celsius.

When it snows, its quite hard to drive small cars because of the "odessa roads" and other then that public transportation is not disrupted that much more over daily commuting is bearable.Well summer being summer there is lot of sweat and A.C is a must.

there are not really any pros and cons about the weather in odessa ,its snows 2-3 months and other seasons quite pleasant ,more over really enjoyable.

My only advice for people from tropical /sub tropical/arid region is to  wear lots of layers in winter and find ways and places to get warmth.

Any questions and added information is welcomed by me :cheers: