Adapting to the climate in Malta

Hello everyone,

Adjusting to new climatic conditions is key in any expatriation process. Moving to Malta is no exception.

What are the climate characteristics of Malta?

How does the local weather impact your daily life, mood or health?

What are the pros and cons of the climate in Malta?

Share you advice and help people adapt quickly to their new weather environment.

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Well, basically the climate characteristics are; not having to own a paraplee, as you will only use it twice a year and will probably forget it on those days, and better not living in August due to the intense heat :) .

On a good year (such as this one, which hasn't been so hot) weather stops any intense work you might do indoors from 12 to 17, during July, August and September. You simply cannot be outdoors from 10 to 18, during the same months (and in a bad year, count June and October). Personally, I have been accostumed to some intense heat in Spain, so it's not that different.

I read in an Air Malta magazine, that a survey was made and Zimbabwe and Malta shared officially "the best" weather in the world. Maybe I would say some place slightly less hot as the perfect, but one must say that being able to go out walking or cycling, nearly all days of the year (maybe in the past twelve months there has been 3-4 days where rain and cold has made it hugely unpleasant to go out, which for example near Barcelona in Spain you would say it was 15 at least).