Temporary accommodation advice for Da Nang

Hi there,

I have been lurking on this forum for a little while and I am grateful I found this website - there is a lot of useful information here.

A bit about myself - I am a Canadian who has been in Asia for the past 2 years.  I just spent the past year in China finishing a contract (teaching and also, learning how to speak Mandarin) and now, I am getting ready to leave and head to Viet Nam.

I was in Viet Nam about 15 months ago and just loved so many things about the country (yes, I also know there are problems too, so I don't have rose coloured glasses on).  In particular, I really enjoyed Da Nang (and area) quite a bit as it wasn't a typical tourist destination, but it had quite a lot of offer.

So having said that, I have decided that I wanted to spend some extended time in Da Nang to see if it is a place I could stay long term.  I have my VOA letter (3 months) in hand and will land in Viet Nam in a couple of weeks.

I have booked a hotel for the first week and will look around for accommodation once I arrive.  I have read on a couple of websites that monthly rentals (of apartments) are possible if you commit to a long term lease.  My current plan is to stay in the Da Nang area for 2 to 3 months then decide if I can see a long term future for me there.

So, here is the advice I need:  Given that I can only commit to 2 to 3 months (at present) of renting a place, should I even both looking for an apartment or would I be better off trying to negotiate a long term rate on a hotel room (or at a guesthouse)?  Any other type(s) of accommodation I should consider?

My needs are simple - either a nice (big) room or a furnished "studio" apartment would be fine.

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance - and hope to meet some of you in person one day.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Promote services only in Housing section please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct