Anyone up for a moc bai visa run

Looking to do a run on July 13. Let me know if anyone here wants to meet up for a run. PM me if you want to get together. Also, does anyone know of a place that does passport photos in district 1 near Nguyen trai?

Just did my Moc Bai visa run today. All in all it took about 7.5 hours and $100 for everything. After about 2 hours wait at the border and in between immigrations of both countries I finally got approved for another 3 months single entry tourist visa. Bribery and corruption seem to be rampant in this part of town. Very blatant and offensive in my opinion.

Hi, Glad to find someone who has recently done a HCMC-MocBai visa run. I will be arriving in Vietnam in Oct. and staying till April 1st. When I bought my airline tickets my travel agent suggested I get 2 (3 month) visas and use the second one when going through the border at Mocbai. It seemed to make sense until I started reading about visa runs. I will be taking the bus from HCMC and I am hoping it will be a relatively simple matter of going through into MocBai and turning around and coming back with my visa in hand. Do you have any suggestions??
Thanking you for any help you can offer.
Colleen

It's simple diy process but the government officials made it much longer than I wanted to. Be prepared to wait few hours to get things done unless you want to pay for the speedy service. Everyone in moc bai seems to think they are on your payroll.

Does any1 know if they r still extorting 5$ bribes? Which companies? I always used to just DIY and meet up the us at the food stop up the road.

Also, any1 heard of direct SGN -Sihaoukville buses? or is it just as quick to go through PP?

Thaiger wrote:

Does any1 know if they r still extorting 5$ bribes? Which companies? I always used to just DIY and meet up the us at the food stop up the road.

Also, any1 heard of direct SGN -Sihaoukville buses? or is it just as quick to go through PP?

There is no Saigon to Sihanoukville direct bus.