Plans for Eid for Jeddah/Riyadh people? Any Istirahas?

as salaamu alaykum -

peace to all those observing the month of ramadhan - i haven't visited the boards in a while... i wish you  barakah in the  remaining of the ramadhan and hope that you are seeking out laylatulqadr! :)

shortly to follow is Eid  in sha Allaah. so what are the plans for people of jeddah / riyadh? what are the expats doing, any istirahas?

all the best,

E

Eat, sleep , recuperate for me. I am going to get so lazy than the couch potatoes.

Spending 2 days in Taif then coming back to Jeddah to catch some sleep. Majority going to Medina for Eid prayer. Istirahas/beach resorts will be over priced and good ones must be already booked by now.

i'm in Taif whats here to do for eid? -- yes i have heard about eid prayer in madina.. but whats there to do after?!

Wa alikum Salaaaaaaaaaaaaam

Same boring eid for me....I have work in the morning, so will be spending time in the office and then, family, cousins, friends, haters in the evening. miss the old days of eid when city was less crowded, malls didn't exists, closer to family meant being something....

as mentioned above, istirahas and resorts will be overpriced and worthless, if you have free time go abroad with a friend or something. Or catch a local family/friend and spend eid with them. You'll be welcomed with open arms, and chests.

In Jeddah I believe amusement parks and the aquarium will have some sort of activities for the kids, you can visit Balad in the evening and check out the "our eid was like this" festival, and then there will be some private parties after all, back to the normal boring 11 months, selfish , arrogant, ignorant, rude, self centered, egotistical people around you.

Eid Mubarak in advance!

hamudi wrote:

Wa alikum Salaaaaaaaaaaaaam

Same boring eid for me....I have work in the morning, so will be spending time in the office and then, family, cousins, friends, haters in the evening. miss the old days of eid when city was less crowded, malls didn't exists, closer to family meant being something....

as mentioned above, istirahas and resorts will be overpriced and worthless, if you have free time go abroad with a friend or something. Or catch a local family/friend and spend eid with them. You'll be welcomed with open arms, and chests.

In Jeddah I believe amusement parks and the aquarium will have some sort of activities for the kids, you can visit Balad in the evening and check out the "our eid was like this" festival, and then there will be some private parties after all, back to the normal boring 11 months, selfish , arrogant, ignorant, rude, self centered, egotistical people around you.

Eid Mubarak in advance!

Guess you have an interesting Eid ahead of you hamuds. If tired of haters in Jeddah come to Riyadh, we are one step ahead.

HRGuru wrote:

Guess you have an interesting Eid ahead of you hamuds. If tired of haters in Jeddah come to Riyadh, we are one step ahead.

pls no....i'd rather deal with haters on here (expat blog) than the ones in Riyadh ....

hamudi wrote:
HRGuru wrote:

pls no....i'd rather deal with haters on here (expat blog) than the ones in Riyadh ....

I won't be in Riyadh -- flying out. @hamudi is getting nervous so. :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I won't be in Riyadh -- flying out. @hamudi is getting nervous so. :)

damn you gone too...so I won't be able to say "What TLL said" hah!

hamudi wrote:
HRGuru wrote:

Most expats are out on vacation hamuds , my offer still stands......will try to hate you more ....you just have to be yourself  :dumbom::D

fine, it's Eid...i'll just be myself :D