Northern Cyprus

I would be very interested in hearing from people who live in Northern Cyprus - we are an early retired british couple currently living in Paphos Cyprus considering and planning a future move there and would like to know what is required to do so, the problems to expect or encounter, the good and the bad.

Thanks

Hello...having lived here in Kyrenia for 35 years all I can say it's like anywhere...its what you make it to be ! I have lived all over the island over the years but the north for me is the best especially Kyrenia. Please let me know your specific cpncernsand when you are next over here then we can meet up for a coffee and a chat. Best regards Stephan

many thanks Stephan - will put some questions together and submt here. ok

Ok...😊

Northern Cyprus - Homeschooling

Does anyone know if homeschooling is legal or allowed in Northern Cyprus

Good afternoon all,

Hi I am british passport holder living in London planning to move to Cyprus .........
I need information as regards to EU treaty rights/Family reunification.

I also need information on EU residency card .

I am planning to start my business of Himalayan salt lamp and I need the work force from Pakistan on work Permit.

All the information or advise are greatly appreciated.

Need the costing if possible please.

Regards,
Imran.

@Kyreniaii Hi Stephan,

are you still living in the northern part of Cyprus? Im (retired, 2 small dogs)  living since 4 years near Paphos, Peyia, received 4 days ago terminations for private use ( ...?)  During last year the rents nearly doubled, not to mention the challenge that I (and dogs) want to have a kind of garden. it seems either I have to be rich  - or move on. Northern Cyprus would be an option, been only twice over.

kind regards

Manou

I feel for you as Pafos is now a joke rent wise,thankfully we still have a year left on contract and hopefully a third year with the 7% rise. Just hoping our landlord doesn't jump on the bandwagon for higher rent as OAPs we can't afford the outrageous rents and as I don't drive I need to be close to public transport and amenities. Hope you get sorted soon 

best way to find out is  - go across for the day , have a look in the supermarkets & shops . talk to the estate agents  about property ? ,  it is not good advice to hold to much Turkish lira , as is changes so much . but they do take other currencies in lemars supermarket . 

If you do go over and review prices pls report back here with your experience. I have never gone over to TRNC but have wondered if it is worth the trip. Not convinced about living there as still getting the immigration done here but if rental prices go up a lot more I might have to consider it!

We went over last October and found day to day groceries appeared to be a good 30% cheaper than here... fuel considerably cheaper ...

As for rents most are now priced up in sterling..

We had considered buying there and moving over but in the end decided against . Not knocking it just not for us.

A good friend of mine literally just moved over and was lucky to get a three bed house at under £100k

anybody know graham Cockcroft used to live in pissouri ? . started a business in Cyprus , they deported him ? .