Moving to Malaga with pets

Hi all,

Just joined the forum since I will be moving to Malaga end of january. I was born in a village near Malaga but left Spain when I was 5 years and never returned since.

I will be coming over with some pets (at least a dog and a cat), their passports are fine but I have some questions concerning accommodation. Can anyone help me with the following questions I still have;

-How do landlords feel in general concerning pets? Here in Ireland it is extremely difficult to rent a house that allows animals. I am living at 1 hour drive from Cork (2nd biggest city) just because I cannot find a decent house that accepts a dog.

-Are there any areas to avoid in Malaga? I am looking for a house with garden, and Alhaurin and Cartama seem to have some interesting houses.

-What are the best websites to look for houses? I got fotocasa.es already.

-If anyone with pets (or someone who likes pets) is interested in house sharing, let me know. I have been house sharing in Germany, Belgium, France and Ireland so I kind of got used to it now :)

Cheers,
Jesús

Welcome to the forum chuy :)

I hope members will contribute to your discussions by responding to your several queries concerning the Malaga region.

Wish you good luck :)

Regards

You can post an advert regarding to that in the Malaga Classifieds section. I love pets but sadly I am not in Spain at this moment.

Hi Jesus,

(moderated: no free ads please)

As a pet owner myself (2 dogs & 2 ctas) I do know how difficult it can be to find a landlord willing to accept this but most of our owners think its more important to have a tenant who will look after the property and pay the rent!

Please contact me if you need any advise.

Best wishes,

Annie

It certainly isn't impossible to rent a place with your animals, but it depends on what sort of place you want.

We live in the country outside Cártama.  We have two dogs, a rabbit, a tortoise, and ten chickens.  But none of them come into the house.  Our dogs are happy to live outside, because it never gets very cold here, and there are plenty of places for them to sleep.

You will find a place in the country much more likely to allow pets, because of the lifestyle.

You will certainly find a difference from when you were here before. We have only been here for ten years, but the difference is tremendous, from more and better roads, to things like shopping. When we arrived, there was one department store, in the centre of Málaga - and now there are malls popping up everywhere, some of them huge.

Hi Jesus,
I have an terraced apartment sat empty near Fuengirola it has a garden and dircet access to front door also backs on to open hills,i have been thinking of letting but no idea of prices or procedure
Nick

Welcome on the forum Nick ;)

You are absolutely off-topic in this thread. Please start a new discussion.

Regards