What kind of jobs should I look for?

Hi everyone. Im 23, female, and from portugal. I finished a Bacherls in Science last year and am now working as a trainee in Frankfurt.  However, starting in September, I won´t work anymore. I´m looking for a job for maybe a year or a bit more, so I can save a bit of money and improve my German, before I go on to a Masters degree.

My level of German is basic - I took 2 years of classes, studied a lot by myself, but I only speak english in my apprenticeship because there are other foreigners here. I feel that if I study I could passa an exam for B1 - which I intend on doing after Summer.

My level of English is proficient - I have the CPE Cambridge Certificate.

My job experience is next to none. I have worked during Summer in Summer Camps with small children, and worked for a year as an English tutor, and also a few times I have been a private English tutor. But that´s it.

I was wondering how realistic it is that I could find a job where my lack of fluency in German isn´t too much of a barrier. I´m willing to work as a waiter, nanny, anything like that, but I also don´t know where I should begin to apply.   Any help would be much appreciated!

Unskilled jobs are always the most difficult to find - and the worst paid.
You can check classifieds sites and notice boards in local supermarkets to see if there is anything suitable in your area.

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Looking for work in Hessen!
By cthomas1982
Jobs In Hessen
By AstroAndy
Top hiring sectors in Hessen
By Julien
Looking for HR work in Hessen
By Jewls

Expatriate health insurance in Hessen

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Hessen