Living in Chiang Mai

My wife and me have included Chiang Mai as one of the possible places for us to retire to.

We have been visiting various countries and cities specifically to see if we would be happy living there. 

Can someone recommend contacts in Chiang Mai who have a 7 to 10 day rental of a fully furnished home in  a safe neighborhood? 

We are targeting to be in Chiang Mai for the 2017 Flower Festival in February.  ***

R. Morrow

http://baansammi-nr.blogspot.com/

Your message indicates you will need six or more months in ONE place in Thailand to live prior to thinking of moving here.  Example is you expect a fully furnished home for only ten days.... No one with a decent place, not a barn, will rent for that short term regardless of the neighborhood.   Condo rentals start with one month, with two months in advance paid, but are furnished.... one month damage deposit and first month paid in advance.

Thailand is not just around the world from Okla, it is a truly different world with a difficult local language, customs not in OKLA, and so many other differences would take a book to answer.
Plan to stay in Thailand a year if you are serious about retiring here.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Recommend contacts of professionals in business directory + refer advert in Housing section please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Choice will be very limited I think for such a short term rental. 6 month is the norm or as Khnom said, a condo by the month.

For such a short stay I would suggest a hotel would be more suitable.

oodii wrote:

http://baansammi-nr.blogspot.com/

Perhaps a bit far out at 10 miles?

If you're interested in a one bedroom condo for rent, mine is 10 minutes walk to  Central Festival and Big C the other way. Interested?

@Jess Tamee

Please advertise in the housing section top of this page.

Sorry. I'm no housing agent nor advertising my condo. I really happen to be contemplating on vacating it if there's someone really interested. I don't have the time to entertain viewers or agents : )

I am living in Chiang Mai at The Veerachai and find it quiet as well as comfortable. It's on Soi 2 off Thorpe Road and you can walk just about any where from here. I am an American and many of us from The States live here along with some British guys. Hope this helps and good luck!

Jess Tamee wrote:

Sorry. I'm no housing agent nor advertising my condo. I really happen to be contemplating on vacating it if there's someone really interested. I don't have the time to entertain viewers or agents : )

Housing agent or not you placed an advertisement on the public section of the forum which is not set up for advertising. You are contemplating means you are looking to possibly renting it out and this would constitute an advertisement.

The housing in Chiang Mai section is the correct place for such ads as the advertisement will get better coverage there and remain current.

I dought you will get a fully furnished house for 7/10 days,
But I can rent you a new 1 bedroom condo with pool and gym in a very safe area.
check www.olderboots.wixsite.com/condos2chiangmai.
Marty

mouldy wrote:

I dought you will get a fully furnished house for 7/10 days,
But I can rent you a new 1 bedroom condo with pool and gym in a very safe area.
check www.olderboots.wixsite.com/condos2chiangmai.
Marty

Mouldy you will no doubt now come in for the same stick that Jess got. Possibly you didn't notice that the OP's post was made in June 2016 and mentioned visiting for the 2017 Flower Festival. That was last weekend. Also your link doesn't work, but I can't see why because it looks right. (I found the site)

Hi there guys, to rent a place for that short of term will be a little  more expansive.  You can go to Dot.reality, but non of the websites will give you what your looking for. I can call my Realtor just wonder ful people and they I'm sure can find you some accommodation, and work with you.  Please email me at [email protected]   My husband and I can help answer a lot of your questions. Looking forward to having you here. You will love Chiang Mai like we have.