Close

How much will it cost to build a house?

I am new in this community, just retired and would like to continue with my previous planning to build a house in Oslob, Cebu. I have a 2D and semi 3D drawing of the house and have in my mind how it should look like. It will be not a common western style of house, but an ancient Asian type of house (Japanese/Chinese/Korean) combined with Balinese touch. The 'living area' of the house will be around 120 - 160 sqms. We bought already a land in Oslob (my fiancee is Filipina).  Anyone knows good 'Architect, builder, contractor' who is really reliable? I don't expect the finish of the house will be like 'BMW' or 'Porsche' or 'Mercedes', but NOT 'chop chop' car like Rusco etc. Our experience with small condo we just bought in Cebu was horrible. We must get 'new good Subcontractor', spend almost 2 months to remove all inside the condo incl. CR and must ‘redo’ all over again and teach the 'new good sub constructor' and his workers how to do 'good' work, must stayed in hotel close to this condo to 'control' their job every few days. Was stressful experiences just for a small 24 sqm condo. Lucky this nightmare is over now and we really can enjoy to come to Cebu city and stay in our condo instead looking for accommodation in booking.com.
I would appreciate if someone in this community who had good experiences with her/his 'builder/contractor/architect' could help us. Important I think to have some one living in South part of Cebu, not too far from Oslob.

@sirrobcentral

Can i have your Facebook please looking to start building my house next year :) .

Building something that is new to the locals will mean you being there each day to supervise and also instructing them on the build.  I began wondering how strong the concrete was when my guys were talking about 8 to 1 mix until I realised that the chaps can only carry half a bag of sand that results in 4 to 1 haha. The finishers will be expensive but worth their money. About 2 out of 10 workers will be hard workers and the others trying to spread the job out. Make sure your "guest CR" has a bucket and taboo on the right hand side and I found soaking the grout in the tiles with a silican fluid from ACE hardware keeps them less dingy. I enjoyed using the PPR pipe work 3/4 inches allows good pressure to your sinks etc and trey to design with out junctions that add up to cut the pressure down, PPr pipe bend a treat! good luck

sirrobcentral :

Dimples, on my Facebook page I have been posting the progress videos of my house as it is being built. I started with just a shell and lot... cost P470,000,00. I showed from start to present... Upon completion it will be a 3bdr + a Master's Suite + a separate maid's quarters... it's all captured on video so there are no questions as to the facts. Upon completion my out of pocket for construction cost will not be over P600,000,00. I will inbox you my Facebook contact information so you can view for your self. I have a lot of videos I have made that I share with my friends from the United States because many are Pensioners like me that just want to live stress free.

Hi. can i get your facbook or u can email me on ***. looking to start build my house in silang next year. Will very much appreciate your reply.

Moderated by Priscilla 2 days ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Expatriate health insurance in Davao

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Davao

Moving to Davao

Find tips from professionals about moving to Davao

Travel insurance in Davao

Enjoy stress-free travel to Davao