Newcomer needs HELP

Again, my Nth. relocation in 18 years, this time VN. Doing some research on the net, nevertheless advice from ppl on the ground is much appreciated, many thank in advance

1. work location - Bien Hoa. Prefer housing that is 'VERY safe' (only 12 days per month and i'm single, so burglary is a concern ) , 80~100m2 to minimise housekeeping, gym(3times a week)/supermarket (once a week) nearby, Any particular area/community that  u guys would recommend?  Initial target area - District 2 Thao Dien.

Will also spend 10 days per month in Hanoi.... anyone from Hanoi?

2. Yes i do have a goldlined budget, but it's also my responsibility NOT to get rip off . All the listing on the net seems expensive to me (low value compare to Glenwood Suites ,Thao Dien - a hotel! at USD 2000/mth). Is there any reliable agent that i can call for enquiry?

3. Plan B is to stay at Glenwood Suite (D2) or Capri by Fraser in District 1 for a month, and search for the idea accomodation,however much  i like the idea i guess i won't be allowed too much time on this issue (very tight timeline on the job to produce results), hence ANY ideas that help me zoom in on any particular building block or areas is welcome and appreciated.

Thx mates.

I think you should check Airbnb, there is plenty of safe place for short term stay.
2000/months is way over the normal price..

Acoco wrote:

I think you should check Airbnb, there is plenty of safe place for short term stay.
2000/months is way over the normal price..

Good idea, never thought of Airbnb before, should try it.

Anyway , how long does it take from District 2 (say Thao Dien) to Bien Hoa by car, i know the traffic is notorious,  how bad  can it  be?

Thx mate, great help.

Whatever you do, dont come to Hoi An, unless you want to get ripped of in touristtraps ... not to mention 50% of population are pickpockets

Jimlove wrote:

Whatever you do, dont come to Hoi An, unless you want to get ripped of in touristtraps ... not to mention 50% of population are pickpockets

Thanks for the advice. On alert from now on.

I'm crazy about kite surfing,  the planning is to stay at MuiNe during weekend from Nov til Feb, occasionally venture north in search of wind, probably will end up somewhere around Hoi An.

The road to Bien Hoa can take between 30mn to 1h30, depending on the traffic ... Rush hours can be crazy here (if you are in a car, at least you'll got aircon).

As for kitesurfing, Mui Ne is a good spot to get away from the hectic city.
A lot of wind during the high season, that can be gusty with a nasty shore break.
If you can kite there, you can kite anywhere, that is where I learned kitesurfing.
You should definitely look up Phan Rang and Cam Ranh ( 30 km north of Mui Ne), less crowded, less russians, knee deep flat water and really nice wind... Kite trip are organized from Mui Ne to Cam ranh by the kite school all time..
Danang does have wind during the stormy season, but nothing like Mui Ne/ Phan Rang/Cam Ranh...

Acoco wrote:

The road to Bien Hoa can take between 30mn to 1h30, depending on the traffic ... Rush hours can be crazy here (if you are in a car, at least you'll got aircon).

As for kitesurfing, Mui Ne is a good spot to get away from the hectic city.
A lot of wind during the high season, that can be gusty with a nasty shore break.
If you can kite there, you can kite anywhere, that is where I learned kitesurfing.
You should definitely look up Phan Rang and Cam Ranh ( 30 km north of Mui Ne), less crowded, less russians, knee deep flat water and really nice wind... Kite trip are organized from Mui Ne to Cam ranh by the kite school all time..
Danang does have wind during the stormy season, but nothing like Mui Ne/ Phan Rang/Cam Ranh...

Thanks A LOT!! This is great help.

I've been to MuiNe a couple of times, gutsy wind is not  a problem to me ( i'm a certified IKO instructor, only for the fun though),  the crowd and the proximity of the trees are a nuisance (safety concern) to me  at times.

Any decent accomodation at Phang Rang/Cam Ranh? Some kite surfer mention that to me but never have the time to check out the places

If you are IKO certified, then you will have no problems finding peoples, places to stay and even find students to teach ( that means "free" holidays ).
A lot of decent accommodation there.
There is a website : muine-info-and-events dot com
You will find a lot of infos on it.
Yes the crowd proximity is also the main concern in Mui Ne for me.
When the wind switch side in Sep/October Just go up there, hang out at places like Jibe's beach bar.
it's a small village everyone knows everyone, and everyone is very laid back (beach's people)
Things will just flow their way (talking from experience).

Again, thx mate, will definitely hook up to the website u mentioned.

Besides Taiwan, i guess Saigon is the only place in APAC where u can work and kitesurf during weekend. Looking forward to it.