TEFL/ESL position in Iran as an American

I am an American and am interested in potentially finding an English teaching job in Iran. I've searched on the web and have not found much for it so I figured I would ask about the potential for finding such a position on here. If anyone has any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello mvic81818 :cheers:

I invite you to drop an advert in the Teaching Jobs offers in Iran section of the site to increase your chances to be contacted in case of a vacancy.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

http://www.britishcouncil.ir/en/teach/E … ching-Iran

The fact the British council has information suggests my opinion on the subject might be valid.
That opinion says Iran is opening up after the sanctions so their need for EFL teachers is very likely to increase at a steep rate.

I've every confidence there will be a million scam jobs out there asking you to pay a registration fee or advance fees for visas and any other excuse they feel will con you into paying, but there are very like to a lot of real positions offered as well.

You can google ....

https://www.google.co.id/search?q=efl+j … p;ie=UTF-8

but I'd be tempted to call your nearest Iranian embassy.

Hi
In Iran the biggest institute for language training is "Iran Language Institute". Its website address is http://ili.ir/Default.aspx?tabid=113, Tel:  98-21-88308032-4, and the admin email is : [email protected]
I think they employ their teachers by general exams. This institute have branches in all cities of Iran. I hope you can find what you need. There are also other institutes in different cities but this is the widest one.

Kind Regards
Elnaz

Hi there, are u still interested in getting a job here?!

Absolutely! Time frame wise I'm not sure when I would be able to do so, but I am definitely interested! And sorry for the delayed response.

Hi there,

can we talk on the phone i can give you the related information.

thanks
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You may exchange them via the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you for your reply but can we communicate either via skype or email instead? I'd rather not have to make what would be a potentially expensive phone call. Thanks.

sorry i thought you are in Iran already. thanks

It's gratifying to see potential expats looking for openings in what is essentially a new country as it shows people always win over silly politics, even if it takes a while.
As Iran opens up/is allowed to open up, more and more expats will take the opportunity to explore work in that country, and hopefully send home a picture of the real country, not the place the gutter press tells us about.

Get to see what not many expats have seen over the last 30 plus years, becoming advanced guard of a new expat adventure and open up yet another country for the open minded to explore.

My personal situation won't allow me to move there, but at least a holiday is on my bucket list.
I can't even begin to imagine the wealth of cultural treasures, the variety of wonderful food to explore and the new people to meet - but I'd like to.

Dudes - Go for it.

Fred wrote:

It's gratifying to see potential expats looking for openings in what is essentially a new country as it shows people always win over silly politics, even if it takes a while.
As Iran opens up/is allowed to open up, more and more expats will take the opportunity to explore work in that country, and hopefully send home a picture of the real country, not the place the gutter press tells us about.

Get to see what not many expats have seen over the last 30 plus years, becoming advanced guard of a new expat adventure and open up yet another country for the open minded to explore.

My personal situation won't allow me to move there, but at least a holiday is on my bucket list.
I can't even begin to imagine the wealth of cultural treasures, the variety of wonderful food to explore and the new people to meet - but I'd like to.

Dudes - Go for it.

From people who have visited Iran and loved it, the only complaint/ disappointment I've heard was about the limited food choices in restaurants. If this is true then it's a shame since it's a big country with a diverse and rich culture. Turkey was actually the same, but with the economic growth of recent years there is now much more choice and there are much better restaurants.