Immigrating to Sweden

hi there,

i'm a software developer from algeria, i'm thinking and taking it seriously to immigrate to sweden,

for this i need help from other people outside of the UE, whom have already done it. to give me advices and  easy ways to immigrate there,

thanks in advice.

Hi Xirconias,

Till members provide you information, i suggest you read the Living in Sweden guide. You may also browse through the Embassy of Sweden's webpage : http://www.swedenabroad.com/fr-FR/Embassies/Alger/

All the best,
Bhavna

thanks @bhavna for the reply ,  i already visited those links , but its quit complicating the process,  i'm looking for other alternatives,  job sponsoring, wedding, any possible way but studies..

The process is complicated and there is no easy way to get into the country legally.

I suggest that you read through the posts on this section of the forum for information.

xirconias wrote:

thanks @bhavna for the reply ,  i already visited those links , but its quit complicating the process,  i'm looking for other alternatives,  job sponsoring, wedding, any possible way but studies..

What do you mean by wedding? Sounds like getting married for the sole purpose of obtaining a visa. That process is also complicated. And rightly so - due to the number of people who do this.

not only for immigration but to be engaged : )

I wouldn't recommend immigrating to Sweden. Sweden has 3-4 generations of Algerians, Liberians, Turkish, and other non-white peoples who were born and raised in Sweden - by all rights, a native born Swede - that the Swedes still segregate, refuse employment to, and generally treat them badly.
I blend, so to speak, and as soon as employers see I'm an immigrant on my CV, I get almost instant turn downs for job ops, even though I have much experience and have almost completed my doctorate. It's not getting better, either, so I wouldn't recommend anyone immigrating here any time soon.

The treatment wouldn't be as bad as the one in their own country if they are not someone of 'importance' and have  good connections. There is usually far more rights in Sweden than the developing country they have left.

And sometimes any job in Sweden, regardless of how low-paid it is, can still be better paid than the highly-skilled jobs in their country. Thus it's not surprising to hear Doctors and other highly-qualified professional immigrants working as  taxi drivers and the like in Sweden. I also assume there is a safety net, so for those who can't find a job, they receive state support. Which I guess isn't available in their own country and they are left to fend for themselves.

And finally, I think there is an assumption that being granted a visa to Sweden is easy, or at least easier than a number of other countries in the EU. As such, some who may not intend for Sweden to be their home, may use Sweden as a bridge to other countries in the EU using their newly acquired Swedish Passports.

Your assumptions are not accurate in the least. Yes, Many came here as refugees (yes there are recent ones, but I'm talking about ones who have had several generations born on Swedish soil).  All categories of workers taking refuge here - and for some time of the reasons you mentioned - but just emigrating for kicks or for a companion - not recommended. I know people here from other places in the EU who have been ostracized and/or denied rights here because they were unwelcome immigrants. Sweden has been the unspoken Brexit for many years.
I can recommend USA or Canada.

My comment is related to the situation of the thread starter and those in a similar position as him (moving from a developing country that lacks many things found and taken for granted, in the country of their choice). While you're talking about those " who have had several generations born on Swedish soil" & "people here from other places in the EU". There would be different expectations. Also what one may consider as 'bad' treatment when compared to where they are coming from, the other may not, compared to the place they left behind. You're an American expat. Your expat experience in Sweden will no doubt be different to an Algerian who relocated from their country. It may not be living up to your expectations, but he may see it as progress.

maybe your 'diploma' doesn't fit the needs of vacant jobs,
i had a valid job offer, i missed the work permit. so i think it's not like other refugees