What are some funny moments you experienced in Muscat City?

I remember when I came here in Muscat. My friends told me that there's a ghost house in Qurum and I swear I used to get so damn scared as my flat is near to Opera House.

Apart from this, let's share some funny moments you experienced here when you were new in the country? When did you come here for the first time? What were the expectations? I used to think that Oman must be cold, so I was having extremely warm clothes and that also in July! I came out of the airport and people laughed at me so badly. I cannot forget that day! :P

Lol , a ghost house :P

That must be creepy news for a newcomer :D

My first visit to Oman was just fantastic , didn't expect a respectful and kind country like Oman in the Middle East  .

Moreover I found it kinda funny and shocking seeing Omanis speak Hindi , Sawahili , they are too intermixed in cultures , I just love Oman :)

NoorFatimaJ wrote:

I remember when I came here in Muscat. My friends told me that there's a ghost house in Qurum and I swear I used to get so damn scared as my flat is near to Opera House.

Apart from this, let's share some funny moments you experienced here when you were new in the country? When did you come here for the first time? What were the expectations? I used to think that Oman must be cold, so I was having extremely warm clothes and that also in July! I came out of the airport and people laughed at me so badly. I cannot forget that day! :P

You might referring to the Madinat Illam red house near to Opera (That's not Qurum). My house in MI was just a few walking steps ahead of the house and yes, it was and is certainly a ghost house, however its not that funny though  :| But wearing warm cloths in July, knowingly an arab state when even you're an asian ....   is indeed REAL FUNNY!!!   :one

I have heard that Oman is known for Black MAGIC, but haven't seen or heard any news from close friends here. There could be many ghost houses for sure :)

The very first funny moment I experienced was a bit tensed at airport on my 1st arrival when the immigration officer confirmed my name 3/4 times and then started speaking in Arabic. When I said I can't speak Arabic, then he called another officer to investigate further that if I can't speak Arabic then why I'm having a complete Arabic Name which is Osama Bin Shafiq :) Later they permitted me with light laughs :)

I came to Muscat oct. 2014 . The funny thing was that having had long driving trips in many E/W countries including those who drive on the Left side of the lane , made me overconfident that I need no guidance or GPS to drive from Assaffir hotel to my office at Ghala but instead of taking 15 minutes to reach office on time I found myself on Muscat  Airport  hi-way so I had to keep on to the airport roundabout and come back to reach office 30 minutes late. In the evening, going back to Hotel I found myself on Aamerat Hi-way ,again I had to explore the beautiful hill up & down to the first RA and back up to oversea the beautiful sceneries of Muscat at night, it was a forced unplanned enjoyment . Next morning I switched on my map guide in my mobile and drove happily ever after.

NoorFatimaJ wrote:

i almost wailed in my mother tongue at arrival, never in my life had i experienced such heat, i knew about the climatic conditions but the degree of hotness caught me unawares.i called my dad,i wanted to return home Asap.

If anyone is relocating at Middle east and he / she doesn't know the HEAT in Arab,  then the person himself / herself is FUNNY

schaz wrote:

If anyone is relocating at Middle east and he / she doesn't know the HEAT in Arab,  then the person himself / herself is FUNNY

we learn through experience