I want to marry my Brazilian girlfriend in Brazil.

Hello
I'm from India, I want to marry my Brazilian girlfriend in Brazil. what documents I'll need take from India to Brazil for marriage?
can I marry her when I visit Brazil on tourist visa?
and if I marry her can i stay there even after my tourist visa expired? or I'll have to return to India?
what if i apply for permanent residence
visa, then can I stay there and work?
and I want to know other important things which I might forgot to mention here
thanking you.

The information is available by reading through the posts on the forum.

If  you have a tourist visa it is probably only good for 30 days. Not enough time to marry.  After you are married you will need to apply for a permanent visa and you can stay. Like stumpy said. As far as the documents that you will need if you go to previous post about marriage and permanency you will find  out.

Jim

Tourist visas in Brazil are good for 90 days, plus an extension of 90 days.  You must apply for the extension at the local Policia Federal before the original 90 days expires.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=280525

My advice - Get married in your own country first. Much easier (in my experience)

The length of the tourist visit depends on what country you are from. I think India is less.

If your girlfriend can visit India. I agree It's probably much easier to get married
In India, go to the Brazilian consulate near you. Get them to certify you marriage certificate AND register it. They will certify the original and register it and give you a marriag document to get registered in Brazil.

hello Jim
are sure 30 days of time is enough to get married in Brazil?

I also want to know what  if visa officer doesn't allow visa for 90 days ?

after marriage I want to stay there working.
so I can take my tourist visa and only one way ticket right ?? 

anyone can answer who has the knowledge about it.
thanks

Vida97654 wrote:

hello Jim
are sure 30 days of time is enough to get married in Brazil?

I also want to know what  if visa officer doesn't allow visa for 90 days ?

after marriage I want to stay there working.
so I can take my tourist visa and only one way ticket right ?? 

anyone can answer who has the knowledge about it.
thanks

Here is a link from a past post of James for it anwsers the questions of what is required for Indian and what usally happens. Hope it's what your looking for
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=201090

Read my comment again. I said 30 days is not enough time to get married.

yes Jim sorry,
but what if visa officer grant only 30 days of visa ?
I can extend it to another 90 days in Brazil?
then I can get married right?

You probably won't get it.  Citizens of India usually only get 30 days without extension. You could try asking stating that you intend to marry.

it is not possible to marry after expiration of my visa in Brazil??

hello Alascana
yes thanks for your help,
it is sad to know that it is difficult for Indians to get visa .
what other documents they could ask for??

I agree, although Indian regulations regarding marriage may also be absurd.
The Brazilian marriage rules are written in their Constitution - and are about as antiquated as that lengthy convoluted paper weight.
My Brazilian wife and I tried to get married in Brazil, but it was both and expensive and confused procedure. The needed official translations of all related foreign documents (birth certificate, divorce decree....) cost nearly the price of a rt ticket back to the US, where we needed 1 day and US$15 to "tie the knot."