Who pays for appliance repairs – landlord or tenant?

Our dryer is turning off prematurely and I assume it needs repairing. The rental contract in an obvious oversight on my behalf does no stipulate who’s responsible for repairs. My question is who is traditionally responsible for appliance repairs in Ecuador – the landlord or the tenant?

While you’re waiting for the answer to come in, consider unplugging the dryer briefly to see if it can then re-set itself.

If the lint tray has not been cleared lately, it’s conceivable a heat sensor is being triggered and the unit turns itself off by design to prevent overheating.

As a renter in Quito once, my housekey snapped off in the lock -- and was stuck there -- as I attempted to enter the apartment.  The landlord later came to collect the locksmith’s fee from me.  I explained that the key broke in normal use so I shouldn’t have to pay.  That satisfied the landlord, who didn’t press the issue. 

cccmedia in Quito

Thanks señor ccc, I'll see if the reset works with the next load. I'll also research heat sensor and see if there's something there I can do.

Opps wrong thread.

Questions and answers about housing

Ask your question
Rent control and rent prices in Cuenca
By peripatetic_soul
Hola Cuencanites, we need a room fit for smokers
By gardener1
New Las Olas Thread
By mugtech
Plaza Foch Hotel Recommendations?
By j600rr
Newbie Seeking Assistance
By Teddyz

Expatriate health insurance in Ecuador

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ecuador

Moving to Ecuador

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ecuador

Travel insurance in Ecuador

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Ecuador

Flights to Ecuador

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ecuador