Advice plz to settle in Turkey, find accommodation etcc

Hi all,
I thought to settle in Turkey and i do not know where to start& how to rent a cheap vacation  cheap :) but in a Nice area of Taksim or other corner, And the papers need for housing. I will stay for 3months is the term for a Tunisian tourist, plz all your advice will be usuful and valuable for me.
Very cordially ;)

It would be best if you start with finding a job first. Any place around Taksim or similar areas would not be cheap unless it's in a slum.

Hi thx for ur answer, about finding jobs no recruter replies may be cz i am far from Turkey, this is why i inted to come on site..so the period of 3months are enough for me to stay and find jobs so plz i like just to know wht to do about accodation and where to find good and intetessant housing..
Thank you

I am not sure what you know about the current job situation in Turkey, but in case you haven't read news, for the past couple of years, the influx of Syrian refugees is huge. The jobs are tough to find. I would advise you to find a job with a working permit provided by the employer before coming to Turkey. It would be very messy if after two months of unpaid work, you have to go home without any money because you were working without a permit and did not get paid.

Check out this article.

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … -else.html

Regarding accommodation, Istanbul is huge. Your residence should be preferably closer to your work place.

living in Istanbul is expensive your rent will be about 2000 lira for one plus one 60 sqm. if you live in city center,don't go to suburbs because you will spend alot on transportation and hours on ride.
also don't move unless you have learned Turkish really well it is not easy at all to find a job.
unless you can work as English teacher but then you must have CELTA or TESOL and still you must know turkish

Yes I think that  turkish language  is a crucial requirement to find a job in turkey

Of corse i speak 4langages includes Turkish  :)

Hello Xeeschan Thank you for all the time you devote to answer me. :)

Hello swimman, thank's a lot for your time of sure i have my diploma i speak 4 langages :) all you'r advice will be useful and valuable to me thank's again :)

No problem. Glad I could be of help.
Good luck
Z

exel wrote:

Hello Xeeschan Thank you for all the time you devote to answer me. :)

If you can take celta and teach English you can apply from home and get hired especially in IZMIR.

if you have work permit it is better before you move,usually tourist visas is 15 days as far as I know,you have three months visa to go in the country but if you enter you count 15 days for your stay if you stay any extra day you pay fine on each day you over stay which is expensive.
For one year residency: you must have 12000 dollars in your bank account in turkey which you open on arrival then buy health insurance depending  a year...you will not be able to leave country unless you have your resident permit which can take 2 months for the first time to issued fro submitting application which is another long story to get randevu. before all this you have to rent apartment and have contract notirized and your passport translated(do it in your country) and contract as well all paper work for contract only can cost you 800 lira including your transportation and opening gaz,electricity and water and net in your name,your emlak office must help driving you to these places which can be difficult for you as stranger and no contract will be less than one year and two or one month deposit.
Please think carefully before you do this move it is costly and it is 85000000 nation and some know more than 3 languages it is not unique for us as I though before.They are very well educated nation and competition is high and many nationalities live there especially UK teachers and many enrolled students in universities work on camps in summer or as baby sitters .other jobs are closed to turkish citizens.

Yes but how can i apply? I can teach french and English  i have a master diploma in Management, with a great international experience but frankly the whole site they do not answer..

It is not easy at all believe me.My daughter graduated fro British university.she tried to look for work for 6 months she found nothing only teaching English and she doesn't want to teach.
So she applied for master degree and her doctor told her there is no work here unless you complete your phd and work in university.
Turkish are highly educated they get to do master in US most of them at young age.so really they don't hire foreigners  except as English teachers or babysitters.

:) i understand Thank you for your time.

Hi guys . How is everything here. I am sorry to jump your conversation guys but I like to give more and good suggestions.  First.
1. If you want to move and live in turkey you don't need to show 12.000 us dolar it is only 6000 dolar enough to prove with your bank statement.  Pls learn more before advice something guys.
2. Yes you can find cheap rent houses depends on which location are you choice. Starting from 700 to 5000 Turkish Lira. Or you can share your house with someone who is expat already
3. Transportation. It is not expensive and you can go everywhere with public bus - metro - fasts or ferry if you get transportation card for monthly like how all Turkish people's are using it.
4. Dosent matter which university you gratuaded cause if you have experience and certificate for correct job depends on what you are looking for.you can get job. Ofcourse you can not find job if you look at hospital as a doctor if you are not completely all lesson and so so so.
5. Yes everybody try to work as a teacher but not at the good school or university. They can teach only part time who like to learn English from home or few hours private class with less money.
So so so.
Pls if you going advice and share something to other expats we must give correct information.  We don't need to scare anyone.
Thanks.

Hi Lonelybnoy,

I do understand that Swimman has made an error regarding the bank statement, however, regarding other matters, especially teaching in university, I would have to say that as an expat, one would take his advise over yours on any given day considering he is speaking from the perspective of an expat.

Also, bear in mind that he is speaking from his daughter's first hand experience. Hence, your accusation of 'Pls learn more before advice something guys' may come across as highly offensive to him.

This is a a forum for letting expats share their experiences so that they can inform beforehand other expat members of the possible hurdles that they may face during their tenure.

Also considering, that they both come from Egypt and Tunis which share almost similar demographic, Exel would be highly able to relate to Swimman's daughter's experience than anyone else's.

It is understandable that as a local, things may seem  pretty rosy, but for an expat, its a whole lot of different experience often contrary to what the locals may have. 

Keeping all this in mind, and considering that Swimman has given a fairly decent advice,  with exception of the numeral error,  I would advise you to avoid using any condescending /accusatory tone against him/ any members who are expressing/sharing their experience on the forum.

Thank you
Z

LONELYBOY_IST wrote:

Hi guys . How is everything here. I am sorry to jump your conversation guys but I like to give more and good suggestions.  First.
1. If you want to move and live in turkey you don't need to show 12.000 us dolar it is only 6000 dolar enough to prove with your bank statement.  Pls learn more before advice something guys.
2. Yes you can find cheap rent houses depends on which location are you choice. Starting from 700 to 5000 Turkish Lira. Or you can share your house with someone who is expat already
3. Transportation. It is not expensive and you can go everywhere with public bus - metro - fasts or ferry if you get transportation card for monthly like how all Turkish people's are using it.
4. Dosent matter which university you gratuaded cause if you have experience and certificate for correct job depends on what you are looking for.you can get job. Ofcourse you can not find job if you look at hospital as a doctor if you are not completely all lesson and so so so.
5. Yes everybody try to work as a teacher but not at the good school or university. They can teach only part time who like to learn English from home or few hours private class with less money.
So so so.
Pls if you going advice and share something to other expats we must give correct information.  We don't need to scare anyone.
Thanks.

Hello everyone & thank you for your time i appreciate,
I will consider all your advice only i should point out that i want to settle in Turkey by choice and love for this country which is a freind of my country.

I have known for a long time & during my tourist visits..
I chose a period of 3 months to get up close and to juge & to have my own experience..

Some may be unwilling that i fall into the problems , i want to thank you all, but i did not find answer to my question '' is how to find housing''

I have a good idea of life in Turkey.
I travel almost 3 times a year, i know the whole city and life style,

I know the strategy of recruters,
I have a great idea of professional networks and job applications,

But my question is simple request of a counsil on housing bcz during the period of 3months i will do my advice and check closely..

I want to Thank you all for your valuable time to answer me.
Exel

it is required for one year visa to show deposit in Turkish bank for 12000 dollars
if you stay 6 months then half 6000
but you wait to get your visa two months minimum
and then you will have 4 months to look for work
who will rent only 6 months  most contracts 1 year
to be worth all the effort and payments involved

you must go to emlak office to find you place to rent and they take one month rent fee from 1 year
they will help you also with gas,elec,water it really costs

out of my experience with my son and daughter finding job is almost impossible.and if any turkish company hires foreigner they have to pay money for that in dollars to hire an expat so!!

I love turky and istanbul specially as originally my grand parents were turkish.
When I applied for one year visa this is the amount I place in bank by order to get  my visa and you spend from from it as you wish.
facts must be said it doesn't mean to scare or hurt but we all had rosy dreams but ended up spending more than we planned but we love it .

If you like to move in turkey ofcourse you must be ready with your budget for live , stay and all other thing even if you don't work.
But turkey don't have hard rules like other country to live in it.  What we are talking all about just you have to get it for yourself to survive here without any work and help.
Good luck .
If you have more question if you need help Pls don't hesitate to contact me here or on pm I will be more than happy to help all expat here

Hi how are?  you can't you  tell me more about Turkey

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi
would you please tell me about the studio and about monthly fee?

Hi Mahnaz.a,

If you are looking for a studio, please drop an advert in the Housing in Turkey section of the website or contact the posters directly to inquire about price.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi there different sizes and the price depends on how long guests going to stay. The place is closed to terazidere metro station on the m1 line. You can come to see the place after Agreement good luck

I will update it there thanks