Business or Tourist Visa for Job Seekers?

Hi there,

A similar question was posted in this thread:
but I was wondering if anything has changed since 2014.

Basically, my friend and I are considering going to Vietnam to look for a teaching job. We thought of getting a business visa on arrival through an agency, but the more we read about the procedure, the more contradictory information we get. One agency told us that we need a sponsor to get a business visa. Another claims that we do not need a sponsor and they can get us a business visa for one year. That sounds very tempting, but I've read that you can work without a work permit for up to three months only. So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to get a business visa on arrival without a sponsor (future employer)?

2. Can you work on a business visa without a work permit for more than three months? I know that some people have their visas extended, but is it legal?

3. Or perhaps it would it be easier and better to enter Vietnam on a three-month tourist visa (as was explained in that thread from 2014) and pressure the school to get us a work permit (we already have all the necessary documents legalized) when we find a job?

I'm worried that an agent will lie to us and we won't be allowed to enter Vietnam when we arrive.

Do you have any advice you could spare?

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
Requirements for visa
By MaryPeter
Why the blood test for a working visa?
By duanef
Working in VN without a degree + some other questions.
By Furnishedbadge2
Where to get Vietnam Visa Extention in HCMC
By 726dbr
3 Year TRC (Temporary Residence Card) without work permit
By charmavietnam
How to bring my Filipino Girlfriend to Vietnam?
By MaryPeter

Expatriate health insurance in Vietnam

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam

Find tips from professionals about moving to Vietnam

Travel insurance in Vietnam

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Vietnam

Flights to Vietnam

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Vietnam