Starting a business in amman ?

hi all..  what kind of business fits Amman in the current situation

i know that real estate market failed n stock ex-change too well thats frustrating ..

any way i would like some suggestions for small business ideas ??

any ideas ?

Welcome to Expat-blog, Mejo

Your discussion has been redirected to the Amman forum for effective networking. This might help you in obtaining more responses from members around the region!

My warm regards & wish you a nice day

I don't mean to discourage you but unfortunately but truely, the businesses that make money in Jordan are small shops that sell tea/ coffee, internet cafes, and hair salons.

It depends on which location you want to go to in Amman. And it depends on how much money you are willing to invest. You could start your endeavors on an Apartment Hunting business. But you'd have to add specific stipulations for the Land lord's to strictly follow, and you'd need a quality assurence department. IT'd be a lot of work but in the high season it is a HIGH demand service. Because it is not easy to find apartments in Amman unless you pay someone to show them to you, and usually the guy will show to all these crappy apartments before showing you a decent one for the decent price. So starting a business based on "HONESTY" and quality of service, might be a good idea. This would be a service you'd want to focus your market with the people who visit from Gulf, because they have the money to give you for your services. But avoid any transactions with Kuwaitis, I'm sure you already know why.

well thanks .. i would like to investigate more about the area Ajloun mountains especially (Ishtafina Mountains) if any help could be offered it would be appropriated ... am seeking Eco-tourism
and i did a search my self found about the RSCN but no valuable info about the Ajloun Area thanks

Tourism...there are over 108 Tourism Companies in Jordan. Eco-Tourism hmm... I mean Ajloun is wonderful but it's not as marketable I think as the Dead Sea, and Wadi Mujib, and Petra for sure.

Focusing on Eco Tourism is a good idea. I'd focus on Wadi Mujib. Wadi Mujib is AMAZING. JUST AMAZING. Ajloun, you could go to Syria, and get the same habitat. But Wadi Mujib...is just so amazing, the location is next to the Dead Sea so it's like a very interesting place being at the lowest point on Earth. The Chalet's are sometimes even preferred over the 5 star hotels in the Dead Sea, just because of the location and the privacy, and the simplicity. You might want to focus on getting a piece of the German and Swiss Markets for anything ECO Tourism. I was a former Marketing Manager for a Tourism Company in Amman, so I had to do all this research. I went down and did the whole Wadi Mujib experience, and inspected the Chalets, there at the RSCN Site, and they are just so clean. Some of them don't have AC, but most of them do. And it's safe, and just perfect for those who want a real outback kind of vacation.

Ajloun, it's full of these very acient Roman Olive Trees -some of which are over centuries old. It's sort of interesting. It's pretty too, but it's not unusual for most Europeans --environment wise.

thanks fouadsbaby for ur help

super market is a great business e mail me
i might be able to help
thanks

I am looking to open pets, birds,and fish shop

we dont need high budget !!
profit around 100%

I am interested in Supermarket

davidoluv wrote:

super market is a great business e mail me
i might be able to help
thanks

sir i am an indian and willing to starta super market in jordan.
can u help and assit me for the same.

warm regards
murtaza
[email protected]

Hi floriafashions > just to inform that this is an old thread > 2011. You might want to start a new topic on the Amman forum.

Thank you.

Hi I am a Sri ankan English Language Teacher with 15 years of service in Sri Lanka And Nigeria.I am staying with my family because my husband is working here. Can you help me to find me a job as an English language teacher or assistant teacher.Idon't hope a big salary as I just want to attend some work.

senara

IAM NAT SHOURE BUT I WELL FINDAWAT

Hi hisham khater !

Could you please avoid posting in caps lock on the forum?

Thanks
Armand

I am looking also for any light business opportunity with a reasonable profit margin. Try to think about providing services to people or reselling items. Pls keep us posted and all the best!