Lazada the best online shop in Vietnam?

Looking for household appliances and some sporting equipment.   Will Lazada be reliable to order from?

If you are a Citibank customer, Citi will pepper you with promotional emails about discounts at Lazada if you use their cards.  It does give them a certain credibility though.

Lazada worked for me one time. It is the amazon of Asia, they have country websites in at least Singapore, Philippines, and Thailand. You pay cash on delivery in Vietnam though which is weird, maybe someday they will figure out how to do credit cards on the internet,.
I don't know where you live, but if in a city, I would buy appliances in a showroom instead. Also sporting goods, most are available in malls, but then my reference is Sai Gon.

Goreme:  I didn't read your post carefully and just focused on the Lazada aspect.  Gobot is correct.  Buy it showroom.  I think the biggest shop for appliances has to be Nguyen Kim.  In Da Nang it is on Dien Bien Phu across from the lake.  They take Master Card and maybe Visa.  Sometimes they run sales with 15% off for using Master Card.   They will deliver and install plus do warranty work if needed.

Sporting goods tend to be in smaller shops.  Look close to the big sports centers.

gobot wrote:

Lazada worked for me one time. It is the amazon of Asia, they have country websites in at least Singapore, Philippines, and Thailand. You pay cash on delivery in Vietnam though which is weird, maybe someday they will figure out how to do credit cards on the internet,.
I don't know where you live, but if in a city, I would buy appliances in a showroom instead. Also sporting goods, most are available in malls, but then my reference is Sai Gon.

That's good to know.  Amazing theyre selling expensive items on the site and only take cash on delivery :-/

THIGV wrote:

Goreme:  I didn't read your post carefully and just focused on the Lazada aspect.  Gobot is correct.  Buy it showroom.  I think the biggest shop for appliances has to be Nguyen Kim.  In Da Nang it is on Dien Bien Phu across from the lake.  They take Master Card and maybe Visa.  Sometimes they run sales with 15% off for using Master Card.   They will deliver and install plus do warranty work if needed.

Sporting goods tend to be in smaller shops.  Look close to the big sports centers.

Ok thanks for additional info, I'll have to take  a look.

I also have good experience with Lazada service for electronic equipments

Well, I found Lazada to be quite expansive and to mix to many things (Refurbished, new, second hands, through official shops, individual resellers, etc...)

I like tiki.vn (Good experience in delivery) but not so much products and price is not always competitive...

So I simply use http://websosanh.vn to compare prices first. Then I decide if I want to pay a bit more to get it from some shops like tiki or lazada.

dudumomo wrote:

Well, I found Lazada to be quite expansive and to mix to many things (Refurbished, new, second hands, through official shops, individual resellers, etc...)

I like tiki.vn (Good experience in delivery) but not so much products and price is not always competitive...

So I simply use http://websosanh.vn to compare prices first. Then I decide if I want to pay a bit more to get it from some shops like tiki or lazada.

Thanks for the link, will check it out.

goreme wrote:
gobot wrote:

That's good to know.  Amazing theyre selling expensive items on the site and only take cash on delivery :-/

Vietnam is still a cash dominant culture. Plus many locals do not have credit cards yet.

How to change the language in Lazada Vietnam to English? I want to buy laptop and smartphone on that site.

Or maybe someone can refer me to goos electronics shops in both Hanoi and Saigon.

Thanks!

I used Lazada a few times. Some orders are free shipping and you can track your orders too.

I always tip the deliverer. Don't know if that's normal.

Beside lazada, you also can shop online via shopee.vn though shopee currently doesn't support English as good as lazada.

I've purchased personal stuffs several times and was satisfied with the quality in comparison to price. Delivery is also fast with shipping fee between 15,000 - 30,000 VND.

Individual sellers also can register to sell here, and they can sell almost all (legal) stuff they want, unlike lazada only allows individual sellers to sell clothes
(I've created a page to sell some used books on shopee.vn)

Hi

Lazada in vietnam is only on vietnamese language . I tried to purchase but unable to purchased . Is any language option in vietnam with lazada .

@DK Viet:
You can change in English upmost on the right side of the web page
(Change language or Thay đổi ngôn ngữ ).
But only the menu is in English. Not the product description.