How to get married in Hungary?

Hello,
i am living in germany  and my staus is here as asylum seeker.i have been living here since 2 years on asylum.the german goverments allow me to stay here legelly for short period of time but my asylum case has not passed yet and i have not get the refugee status.
Now i want to get marry a fine lady which is from germany.She is ready to go with me to hungary but i have some concern about my status.could you please guied me about the marriage rule of hungary, although i have already read alot from the google but i still want to know can i get married in hungary? If yes...then it would take how much time?
i shall be wait for your kind reply

Moody
Germany

Why don't you just get married in Germany? 

Why come to Hungary to do that?

I honestly  think your situation isn't too good on getting married fast in HU or even at all.
My son who is a US/HU citizen got married in HU around 15 years ago to a HU citizen.
He had a long wait time.
I don't remember the process he went through but it was long and slow.
Have to give all documents on both of their births, his had to be translated into HU since he was born in Hawaii.
They both had to prove they were not married to anyone else at the time.
Blood test too if I remember right. His wife wanted to get married in a church although in HU the real official marriage is done more in a courthouse style with witnesses.
A church wedding usually comes after the official gov. wedding.
He had to take religious lessons for over 2 months in HU before the church would ok him using their building for his wedding.
In the end he just did the legal marriage and forgot about the church stuff.
He still paid for the church lessons once a week for 2 months time even though he didn't understand a word they were telling him, his HU was weak at the time and the lesson were all in HU.
He also had to bring in documents about his HU born father and papers on me , his mother.
I think you would have a better chance to get married in Germany where your fiance comes from then here in HU.
It is a red tape nightmare here with almost anything official.
I know you must file the marriage in the city hall in HU and since neither of you live in HU I am not sure how that would go since you belong to no district in HU.
The wait time for the gov. service was well over a month to get in as well.
I have to tell you if you are getting married just to stay in Europe it isn't going to end well. We found out after my son's new wife came to the US with all her US papers in order that she was only after entry to the US, long legal hassle of divorce , loads of money wasted on courts etc.
My son is now married to a Japanese national and they live in the US. He has not filed his divorce papers in HU after over a decade of divorce, if he ever visits HU again with his new wife I am afraid he will be jailed for bigamy. They take everything very serious here with paper trails.
I have begged him to not be lazy and send in his divorce papers to the HU embassy, not worth the hassles in the long run unless it is true love.

Why are you wanting to go to Hungary? If your woman is German and you have lived in Germany for 2yrs then y leave?

Not to be rude or hurtful in any way but Hungary at this time doesn't seem too overly open to asylum seekers.
Germany seems to be more open right now.
Of course I am not in Germany and don't know exactly what is going on there.
I am an American citizen born and raised married over 40 years to a HU citizen and I still go through allot of hoops at immigration services in HU.
Not trying to pull the US card but what in the world do they think a 61 year old white female retired  from the US is after in Hungary other then to live with their husband. I may have immigration services visit our home to make sure we actually live together, that's what they told me last week when I was there to renew my resident permit, come on that is so silly at our ages to try a scam so I can live in HU of all places on earth. In other words, they make a person guilty rather then except them at their word.
HU is a bit too right wing at the moment.
They really will give you a difficult time here, not worth the trouble to get married here, try somewhere else.

There's lots of fear in HU about foreigners.  It's just ridiculous. 

Suffice to say there are strange forces at work.  There's a new law which allows them to deploy the army within the borders now against "foreigner" threat.  But, interestingly enough, there was an ECHR ruling just a few days ago that asylum seekers cannot be jailed for passing Schengen borders without papers and cannot be held in jail on those grounds alone.

I read about that new law which gives the gov. powers if they feel they are under threat.
I find that rather scary as who is to say what a threat is, seems more like a power play to my mind.
Ok, not to get political because I know little about that subject, best not to make myself upset.
HU and perhaps most of the old Soviet block countries have always been a bit wary of foreigners.
It is going to take a generation or two to forget all the brainwashing that was pushed during that era.
Something is wrong with the world, it must be those "witches," modern day foreigners, who are to blame for the worlds problems.
Burn then at the stake mind set, anything different is to be feared.
All propaganda to keep everyone from seeing what is really going on.
Ooops... I didn't mean to get all that serious.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I am an American citizen born and raised married over 40 years to a HU citizen and I still go through allot of hoops at immigration services in HU.

USA INS can also be full of hoops for US citizens and their non-US citizen spouses. I know, I checked. It was easier for me to move to Europe than for my wife to move to the USA. ;)

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Not trying to pull the US card but what in the world do they think a 61 year old white female retired  from the US is after in Hungary other then to live with their husband. I may have immigration services visit our home to make sure we actually live together, that's what they told me last week when I was there to renew my resident permit, come on that is so silly at our ages to try a scam so I can live in HU of all places on earth.

The home visit is SOP if you are to get the 10 year residency card. That permit is from then on automatically renewable, so they will check you out more before issuing it. I had a home visit here to get mine, it was no bid deal. Again, the INS does the same, and more.

klsallee wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

USA INS can also be full of hoops for US citizens and their non-US citizen spouses. I know, I checked. It was easier for me to move to Europe than for my wife to move to the USA. ;)

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Not trying to pull the US card but what in the world do they think a 61 year old white female retired  from the US is after in Hungary other then to live with their husband. I may have immigration services visit our home to make sure we actually live together, that's what they told me last week when I was there to renew my resident permit, come on that is so silly at our ages to try a scam so I can live in HU of all places on earth.

The home visit is SOP if you are to get the 10 year residency card. That permit is from then on automatically renewable, so they will check you out more before issuing it. I had a home visit here to get mine, it was no bid deal. Again, the INS does the same, and more.

That's true but in the US they let you know exactly how much they will charge and exactly how long it will take.
At least that as been our experience with my son's two foreign born wives.
His first wife from Hungary made a mess of things because without telling any of us she over stayed her visa to the US as a tourist, she lied to us and said she could stay for 6 months when it was only good for 3 months.
Son married her in HU later so she could come back to the US.
If they didn't legally marry she could not reenter the US because of her overstay for several years.
She cost him a ton because she was careless. After one year of waiting in HU after they married she was good to go, Resident permit, work permit and SS card for the US.
His current wife from Japan also cost allot, he sent off the last $650. a few months ago for her perm. resident card for the US with all working papers. Took a couple of years and he had to get letters of reference from friends in the US , send in photos of them together etc. but no one actually came to his home to check them out.
He also had to prove he could support her and have medical for her.
They always send out notices via the post in the US, I almost missed my date to refile because silly me was waiting on the HU post, they never send out any notices to re file , you must stay on top of that yourself here.

Like other people on the forum have already mentioned, I don't think it's the best time to get married right now - especially in Hungary. Not only is the system extremely bureaucratic at the moment but, there is also a fear of strangers - especially those with refugee statuses living in Western European countries. I'm not agreeing with them but it might be more difficult for you because of those reasons.

Thanks for replying....only reason i am not getting marry in Germany because they(German standsamt) are not allowing me to marry here.
I have tried my best and still trying.

Moody

A Vegas wedding always works...

1. Make sure you use a Hungarian registrar office who has  conducted a cross border wedding before.
2. You will both need a certificate of eligibility, and both translated by the office of translation, as well as birth certificates so check the fees before you start. It's not the wedding that will cost. It's the cross border costs.
3. Make sure you calculate your time frames because the certs of eligibility are only life for fixed periods of time from different countries.

mhgujar wrote:

Thanks for replying....only reason i am not getting marry in Germany because they(German standsamt) are not allowing me to marry here.
I have tried my best and still trying.

Moody

What do you mean they will not allow you to marry there?  What is the reason?  Do they have that right?

I believe here, in HU, you need to be resident here for 1 month.  By that, I mean physically present.

UK is less strict - about 3 weeks -  and they do not care if you are resident or not as far as I know.  You could be living in a hotel. But you both need to be there with the usual things like proof of ID etc.

Ohh really, if UK is more easier than Hungry then its more easy for me because then I haven't need to translate my documents.
Could you please explain which things are requirs to marry in uk.
Because i have  all my documents except visa.

mhgujar wrote:

Ohh really, if UK is more easier than Hungry then its more easy for me because then I haven't need to translate my documents.
Could you please explain which things are requirs to marry in uk.
Because i have  all my documents except visa.

Have a look here:

https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-part … n-national

You probably need a Marriage Visitor Visa but other than that, it seems straight forward.  But do note the UK is careful at spotting "sham marriages", those used to get residential status. They will probably want to interview you both.