I spend half the year living on Isla Ometepe in my house and I am trying to get residency. I am a Canadian who lives in Vancouver during the other half.

I have gone through 2 lawyers already that don't know what to do and I have been run around in circles. My Spanish is poor. Does anyone know an English speaking lawyer who knows how to get residency? Perhaps in Rivas area?

Apparently, I am supposed to get my papers verified in a Nicaraguan embassy abroad (the immigration officer in Managua said to go to Washington...... but is there another place closer to Vancouver? The consulates in L.A., San Francisco and Houston are not returning my calls or their answering machines are full). I am getting residency based on retirement or the fact that I own property in Nicaragua.

Thanks for any help

New topic