Do you prefer teaching english in classroom or online from your home?

I have been debating rather to work in Vietnam teaching English, or to work for an online company while I am living here in Philippines. I want to have family here in PH but I am afraid I will get bored off of just working on my computer every week. My question is what would you prefer if you were me? Would you work in Vietnam and be active in the classroom or would you prefer working from home?? I have both options and just wanted your opinions on the matter. I highly am interested in going to work in Vietnam, and even visit different spots there, Which do you suggest I do if i want to  make a family here in PH?

jdavis10 wrote:

I have been debating rather to work in Vietnam teaching English, or to work for an online company while I am living here in Philippines. I want to have family here in PH but I am afraid I will get bored off of just working on my computer every week. My question is what would you prefer if you were me? Would you work in Vietnam and be active in the classroom or would you prefer working from home?? I have both options and just wanted your opinions on the matter. I highly am interested in going to work in Vietnam, and even visit different spots there, Which do you suggest I do if i want to  make a family here in PH?

I can't really advise you on the best method for you for getting your English lessons across, but personally I like to be in the same room as my students (I don't teach English though).

As for starting a family in the Philippines, well, to be blunt, you need a female (assuming you are indeed a male). I understand, from my own research in Manila, that there is no shortage of willing ladies there. I would recommend that you get a suitable woman and get her agreement to the breeding program you wish to embark upon and then have blood tests to ensure that your efforts are not hampered by unwanted things like HIV and herpes etc. Then, it's a fairly simple matter of doing what comes naturally, but without any form of contraception.

If you need any assistance with the physical aspects of the breeding program, I might be willing to assist, subject to advance sight of the lady's recent photograph.

If Matt is unavailable I can also lend my support but I must warn you I am not cheap and my labour costs can be quite high, however, I do have good references and come with a guarantee, I hope this helps..

Oh, the Temptations...!!!      :offtopic:

..but you guys are so good at taking Mickey out (for a walk) 

..and we all admire your Snide Skills...

Still, my 2c worth might even help the OP here.      Why not meet up with the most suitable of the (many) (girl) English Teachers on or off line and join together..?      What's stopping youse from starting a New Academy? 

I know a few girls who would jump at the chance...            :proud

Bazza139 wrote:

Oh, the Temptations...!!!      :offtopic:

..but you guys are so good at taking Mickey out (for a walk) 

..and we all admire your Snide Skills...

Still, my 2c worth might even help the OP here.      Why not meet up with the most suitable of the (many) (girl) English Teachers on or off line and join together..?      What's stopping youse from starting a New Academy? 

I know a few girls who would jump at the chance...            :proud

But Bazza, It would take so long to build up the class size.

Not in the Philippines!!!       (THE)?  Breeding Capital of Asia?

..(one) of the few girls I know is No. 9 of 14.   Her Father drives a bus and her Mother sells fish.   Grandchildren (at last count) are 12.    More on the way...

..did I not mention an Academy..?

But then, he may well have another motive for a move to Vietnam..?         :whistle:

Ah you cynic you ;)