Mail from the states...how to

hi everyone, i'm new to the site and KSA. returned home from Kuwait after 15 1/2 months there with L3 for the Army at Camp Aifjahn, that was 9 months ago...well here i am in the middle east again in    Khamis Mushait and the most important thing now is getting mail from home.

so here's my question: besides using fedex with the outrageous shipping cost, how does one get mail from the states to KSA? letter/packages?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Hi, thrstrmech ..

Welcome to the forum! :)

The following information is courtesy of slyshooter (he posted it last month to a guy who wanted to send documents to India):

You can send the documents through registerd saudi mail, will cost u SR. 10 and the documents will arrive in 10-12 days. Saudi express mail will charge you SR. 150 and will take 4-5 days.  FEDEX, DHL, ARAMEX will charge you 300 - 400 riyals and will take 3-4 days.

Hope this was helpful.

Welcome to the Blog thrstrmech.

your nik reminds me of mr. stretch.

Salman

thanks for the welcome and information

Welcom to Saudi Arabia and Welcom at the blog!
You should go to the nearest branch of the Saudi Post. As we know that much cheaper than others, but there is difference in the days of delivery.
Hope this is help!
Best Wishes

thanks to all for your input, but i think this part of the question was missed...

"getting mail from the United States to KSA"

other than using Fedex, DHL, Aramex, or mail forwarding service from the states? has any used the USPS and if so, what was the outcome?

oooops!

Actually, I've advised people not to send me letters here since I always had my doubts when/if they'd arrive.

Example:  Four weeks ago, I sent a postcard from Greece to my Mom in the US and my job here in KSA.  My mother received the card within ten days.  The one here to KSA has yet to arrive.