Where to live in Cologne

Hi All,

I am moving to Cologne in August and I am trying to get information about neighbourhoods. I'm trying to figure out where to live so if someone could share a short description of some of them would be awesome.

My job is at Sparkasse am Butzweilerhof but I don't want to live around, looks very quiet. As I have seen so far the trendy neighbours are Belgian Quarter (Belgisches Viertel) and Ehrenfeld. My idea is to spend  around 700 - 1200 euros.

Thank you very much for your time.

Hi Sergio,

Till members provide you with their feedbacks, i suggest you read the Accommodation in Cologne article of the Expat Guide. It may be useful to you.

All the best,

Hi Bhavna,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will have a look!

All the best,

see old post here

in particular a visual overview of rental costs in Köln here  (The map is zoomable, klick on Köln and zoom ). The legend is visible on that chart.
1) light orange will give you 77 Square meters = 830 square feet for 700 € or
2) Red will give you 83 square meters for 1200€ (There are larger "red" zones in Frankfurt, Munich or Hamburg - and much less in Köln, which is lucky for you)

You can see I'm a visual person. But it is a quick way of getting an overview fast without wanting to ask seemingly insensitive questions or cause unintended offfence.

Have fun.

Questions and answers about Cologne

Ask your question
Shinwari Shinwari2
German friend to learn German
By Shinwari Shinwari2
Tanya Reiser
looking to make English friends in Köhln
By Tanya Reiser
Find people in Cologne
By ZahidAbuAbdullah
New in cologne : Looking to make friends (who speak English)
By adityasinghraghav
New to Cologne - Meet ups?
By SJMcNeill

Expatriate health insurance in Cologne

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Cologne

Moving to Cologne

Find tips from professionals about moving to Cologne

Travel insurance in Cologne

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Cologne

Flights to Cologne

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Cologne