PNU latest blow

After two years of taking everything away that they promised, including health insurance and iqama fees, Princess Nora University has moved to (hopefully) the last thing on their list - to take away your monthly SALARY.

PNU has cut 20%-50% of every single foreigner's salary. This means that the amount that teachers were promised on their old contract is not valid anymore. It is now 25-50% less. That is about a 3000-6000 saudi riyals cut for most teachers. How can they do this? It is very easy:

If you work at PNU, you know how they did it. PNU waited until you had two weeks left to work and gave you your new contract for next year. If you don't like it, you can refuse to accept. BUT you must pack up ALL your things and leave in two weeks and give up a month of summer pay : /.  Not only that, but they refused to give end of contract benefits for teachers who leave, saying they did not give 60 days notice.

Some Advice: If you are leaving this year, but will be here for the whole summer (and good luck to you!), you can trying going to the labor office to get them to help you.

If you are thinking about coming to PNU, do not believe the advertisements about the salary. Or expect to get it for only a year or so. Then your salary will be reduced. Just be prepared.

Typical pnu antics. Always treat their expat teachers so badly  :mad:

Please someone to counsil me. I was instructor at universite of princess nora for the last term. And they promise to pay me for that time. But I am not seeng any pay and one was told you should to wait for the summer. But did not see payment and then to wait for the end of Ramadan but no payment. Then to wait for one month after Ramadan and now I wait for two months and no payment. But now I wait for 4 month but no pay and they dont want to speak with me and became angry. But I must to receve my salairy. So what should be the counsil for me now.

Good luck with that. Right now english teachers  trying to get the rest of their summer pay from pnu but no luck. They're not giving us the time of day and say they paid us everything. Like we're stupid or something.

PNU is a huge University and yet they are not paying their employee properly. How much more those little International School.. Sad.

Honestly, PNU is just too big for its own good.

They are harried and broke. Honestly BROKE. Budget was cut and they're slashing and burning expat salaries left and rght. There's no money right to pay anyone, so their trying to get out of paying and saying they already paid everything. Can't even afford health insurance or iqamas for teachers, so how about salaries???!!!

They may be. Saudi is finally hitting an economic wall. Everybody thought this was some kind of an economic fortress beyond financial worries. Well, when your whole country relies on one industry to pay the bills and that industry goes to broke so goes the rest of the country. This is nothing compared to what this place has to look forward to. In five years, just about any Western expat with any experience that doesn't just love Saudi for whatever reason will be gone. Look, even Aramco is trimming things down. The folks that run the show here are scared and aren't sure what to do. Things like an all woman university as noble as the thought is here, it's just not a high priority when the other things on the minds of the powers in charge is just holding on to power. Sorry to hear that is happening. It's not a surprise and it's only the beginning of a much bigger iceberg that's making it's way into the Kingdom. Be thankful you got that kind of treatment and not what another 100,000 low wage workers here got, which is 6-9 months of no pay and then a pink slip with no ride home and who are just sitting semi homeless in the Kingdom not knowing what to do next.

On a brighter note for the women of Saudi at least is that this place is going to need the brain power of every individual it can find to keep the ship from sinking altogether and so hopefully one of those women students you taught may take their English or whatever else they learned and get to implement something because these folks are going to need every possible idea that can make a buck to get the ship even hobbling along.

The UAE is hiring a few thousand native teachers to work in their public schools of which many are all women and they still have some money for now, so you might want to give that a go if staying in the Middle East is a priority for you.

lol I love how random internet users have become modern day experts

Teachers at PNU ? I thought most were English Instructors not quite PGCE qualified.

You know it's Saudi, I used to say "did you get it in writing" now I say "don't expect it until it's in your hand" For too long the kingdom has been the target of sub standard work and dodgy qualifications the current "crisis" will thin the herd. Easy solution don't trust what your told and the airport is only 10 minutes and 1 u-turn from PNU.

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Translation services
By eveningstar
By Racso123
Termination problem
By Ligaya11s
salish salim
regarding jobs in hospital administration
By salish salim

Moving to Riyadh

Find tips from professionals about moving to Riyadh