Got my RP, What is next?

Dear all,

My name is Ahmad, I am from Jordan and I live in Dubai.

I hold an Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering and I have been working in (LED displays industry) for 8 years.

I finally got my RP, I have waited for about 4 months (applied on 25 Jan 2016) from Dubai.

My plan is to go for a visit to Denmark just to familiarize my self with the country and gather as much info as I can before I start the residence card process and moving to Denmark permanently.

I would love to hear from you guys on the below:

1. I understood that I have to enter Denmark within 6 months, my questions is: Do I have to start the residence card process as soon as I go there? or I can just go for a visit and go back home? my RP says that I have Multi entry.

2. Do you have any recommendations regarding where to stay? which city? I would like to stay in an area that is close to public transports and close to companies or centers where I can look for a job.

3. Do you recommend a specific city/ area to live in?

4. Can you recommend a job or a company to apply to? Do you have an advise on how to start the job hunting?

5. What is the process of getting the residence card done? 

6. Can I drive with international driving license or Dubai license? if so, for how long?

7. I am willing/ open to get in touch with anyone who is willing to help.

You'll find much/all information on these sites:

I found the latter by googling International driving license Denmark. I'll advise you to google jobs the same way: Jobs electrical engineer Denmark and see what pops up.

Where to stay will probably depend on where you can find a job.

Hi Ahmed,

Congratulations for the visa stamp and I wish you the best of luck

Having that I'm a mechanical engineer waiting for the officials decision (Applied 4 months ago) and through googling Denmark news, I really do recommend to start learning Danish language; I would recommend to download Duolingo app. and start to learn immediately !! :)

You can find plenty of vacancies in the following websites:

Please share with us your experience and again good luck bro :)

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
priya suri
Denmark Green Card
By gagan.28
Denmark Greencard Processing Time
By kamil22
sarah gonda
Tourist visa in Denmark
By sarah gonda
Damaris Gesare
New to Denmark
By Damaris Gesare

Expatriate health insurance in Denmark

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Denmark

Moving to Denmark

Find tips from professionals about moving to Denmark

Travel insurance in Denmark

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Denmark

Flights to Denmark

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Denmark