noc for joining the family visa ,cancelling employment visa


I would like to know, if in case wife is on employment visa in oman. if she has to leave the job due to the reasons that the company she is working with not following to what was assured like giving benifits or delayed salaries/holding the salaries for months with giving the false promises that will be paid next time , basic facilities at the work place  etc. what would be the noc rule says like:

if she has to join her husband on family visa who is in oman. In that case is it compulsory for an employer to issue her a NOC .

if in case of joining any other job then it would be normal as it is to others as we have discussed many times on this forum.

please let me know in case of the employer would not want to issue an NOC as its their  tradition of the company(it was told to my collegue regarding the NOC).


If wife doesn't get the NOC, she couldn't get the work visa for another two years and its quite obvious. Now, it depends upon the husband's employer on how big the firm is.  I have seen the ladies, leaving the job and only returning on family joining for 2 years, however in most of the cases where the husband's employer is not a AAA rated company, they might not grant the family joining either.

Whether she comes or not, without NOC she can't do any further job.


thanks for the reply, In that case ,its sure that if husband is working for a A grade company where his company can provide visa to his wife and other related facilities then she can join him with NOC . If wife cancels her employment visa and comes back on family visa . After that if she gets a job in Oman then husbands company has to give her the noc to join the employment and its nothing to do with her previous employer where she was working before i suppose. but still i am confused please let me know on the same.


Answer to your query is a NO.
she will only be able to work if her previous Employer grants her the NOC.

okay thanks..

Hello Sir,

   I am an expat working now in a certain private company in raysut and my wife is working in government as a nurse.I wanted to leave my current job in order to take good care of my newly born daughter for my wife have a better salary than me,we would like to use a family visa or family joining for me,please advise as for the necessary procedures in using a family joining visa,thank you

Hi ekima,

Usually, only a man is granted the privilege to extend a family joining visa for his wife and children. This is something which a woman cannot do, as per the local labour laws.

There are exceptions in case of a widow, divorcee, etc. Suggest before you resign, have a clear discussion with your wife's hospital PRO and also your company PRO.

Better to be safe than sorry,.

hello Mr.Sumitran,

    thank you so much for your advice,actually i already have plans to do that though i was worried
about the rumors that the family joining visa application requires NOC in which my company was not giving NOC even the initial contract was finished.In doing so,i am gathering ideas which may help me about this matter😊

Am also going to do same as your situation. But my sponser said he will give NOC. Still confused pro should come to police and give signature or not.

hello Melvin,you are lucky that your current employer is willing to give you NOC according to the PRO NOC is a requirement now here in oman in order to process any visa which includes even visit visa for former workers in oman though we must be sure that they will cancel the employment visa right after we temporarily exit here😓

So PRO should come and sign in police? so it will be problem for me. because company dont have pro now. they are going to close the company.

I am 5 yeas complete in I am cancel my visa.more then 10 months wife is working  in nurse in Oman. now I can enter in Oman family can apply for visiting visa

Hi bsundarsm,

If you have cancelled your employment visa and had exited Oman, then you must have your last employer's NOC to come back again - before the completion of 2-years.

since these rules are not carved in stone, you can try through your wife's employer whether they can get you a family visit visa.

Hello, I need an urgent help. I am on a visit visa in oman, now I got a job visa and for that I have to exit for the visa change to employment one. I hold a Pakistani passport, so what are the conditions if I exit to UAE for the visit visa cancellation or do I have to exit to Pakistan?

ZenJay :

Hello, I need an urgent help. I am on a visit visa in oman, now I got a job visa and for that I have to exit for the visa change to employment one. I hold a Pakistani passport, so what are the conditions if I exit to UAE for the visit visa cancellation or do I have to exit to Pakistan?

You can either exit any of the countries. The only difference is that you'll have an express visit visa validity in UAE while exiting Pakistan keeps you in a comfort zone.

The most important advice I would suggest you is that please get a confirmation from your employer about the visa clearance of your job. There have been plenty cases where the people exited the country and then the employer said that they were not able to get the visa clearance.

Thank you for the reply. My company has already got the clearance, I just need to exit now. So I'm hoping that's how it works out.

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Oman

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Oman

Moving to Oman

Find tips from professionals about moving to Oman

Travel insurance in Oman

Enjoy stress-free travel to Oman