Legalities of Living in Kuwait

Hi Everyone!

My partner is possibly moving to Kuwait to work in the health profession and I wanted to see if anyone could please help with some information about the process of me going along also? We're not married and currently live together here in Australia.

My questions are as follows:

Could we live together and if not - can he still visit/stay with me occasionally or is this completely legal/dangerous to do so?

Would it be difficult for a female with administrative experience of 5+ years to find work/be able to work in Kuwait?

What would be my best approach for a visa or what would I need to do to work and live there overall?

Thank you so much in advance!

Could we live together and if not - can he still visit/stay with me occasionally or is this completely legal/dangerous to do so?

i think you mean illegal, and yes it would be; chances are your landlord could turn a blind eye, but then again, they could do the opposite. risky situation.

Would it be difficult for a female with administrative experience of 5+ years to find work/be able to work in Kuwait?

not really; you can apply for work online through recruitment websites and headhunters that are referred to in other posts on this forum (how to get a job in kuwait)

What would be my best approach for a visa or what would I need to do to work and live there overall?

if you're married; you can come legally as spouse and problem solved. im no counselor nor am i telling you how to live your life, but if you're planning to move half way across the world (literally) then this must be more than just a fling.

secondly; your nationality - certain nationalities are given visa on arrival,and i think the rule for them still goes valid for 3 months and can be renewed by leaving the country and returning i.e. quick trip to any of the close countries in the vicinity.

Thank you heaps for that info and it's definitely more than just a fling haha. 

What kind of punishments could you be looking at should you be caught in a situation such as that? Ideally it would be to not do it but I'm curious to know what could become of it so I can advise my partner of what we would be having to adjust to.

Again thanks for the advice also.

You would be deported.

If you are on a 3 months visa. You want to go on a trip or renew. You have to be out of the Country for 48 hours.

The concept of "living in together" does not exist in Kuwait from the laws perspective, BUT it is widely practiced as per what I have seen.

I'm not an expert of the law, however I can say that privacy is very well respected in Kuwait (unless you happen to be the target of an illegal immigrants sweeping campaign).

Moreover, there is no such crime as "Living together" but a landlord can complain that the tenant hosted other "tenants" without their permission. So as @Legacy said, it really depends on the landlord.

also the tenants, if people around you dont like you, or get an inkiling that something is fishy, they can call the cops on you.

so yes, its widely done but can be undone faster than you can say "leish"?