Food, coffee, and tea expo in Bangkok

I wrote a blog post about visiting a food expo in Bangkok, mostly about looking into tea offerings there.  It was probably what you'd expect, a little Ceylon here and there, only a bit of interesting Thai tea, some strange offering related to coffee brewing devices being used to make tea.

On the more general subject, expos are one way unusual products, or even completely common products, are presented and sold in Thailand.  In some cases it's a good way to get specials not offered elsewhere, for goods like electronics, or for deals on travel vouchers.  It's possible someone might find some tea or coffee they couldn't normally find, or more likely to see coffee maker options that don't come up, or better prices on those.  Events are held in places like Queen Sirikit convention center or Impact, with this one at the latter.

The grocery stores here cover so much food range that it's hard to imagine what could be there that wouldn't be in them, and since the main theme (as I saw) wasn't about retail sales of imported Western goods the purpose of visiting might instead relate to specialty foods that aren't offered everywhere, different dried goods or gyozas or sausages, lots of things. 

Vendors like Chang and Singha had large displays there but I'm not sure what new information they would communicate, maybe just more like a real-life interpretation of a commercial.  Since this post is focused on tea, what I write a blog about, it really wouldn't do a lot of food scope justice though. … -expo.html

Questions and answers about Bangkok

Ask your question
thinking about moving in the future
By Sabah29
Advice on how to Move (goods) to Bangkok
By Maarten.moyersons
Experienced writer/editor
By whellockroad
Expat get-together planned in Bangkok?
By Gregtomo
Looking for best tailor in Bangkok?
By kavinthomas

Expatriate health insurance in Bangkok

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bangkok

Moving to Bangkok

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bangkok

Travel insurance in Bangkok

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Bangkok

Flights to Bangkok

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Bangkok