Trying to arrange a collective meeting in Manama

Dear All,

I arrived to Manama only 2 weeks ago and I am looking to meet people living here and make a group of good friends.

I am aware that many of you are in the same position since I got quite a lot of private messages, but instead of meeting one by one, I think that it will be easier, and more fun, to arrange a "collective meeting". We can set a date and place so that anyone who is interested in expanding his / her group of friends can come. I am thinking of a landmark somewhere in Adliya of Juffair, since many expats live around these areas, but suggestions and comments are welcome!

If this works, maybe in the future we can establish a "headquarters"  where to meet every... Friday or Saturday... I don't know.

Maybe we can start this saturday, Dec 18.

Regards,

:)

Welcome to the forum spaniardxxx :)

Your discussion has been redirected to Manama forum for effective networking.

It's a brilliant idea to organise meet-up, after you have confirmed your date & location, I will stick your discussion and afterwards it will be found at the top of the forum discussion lists.

Hope you will receive lot of responses though :).

Regards!

i'm IN! lemme know the headquarters, incase you guys didnt decide yet theres a coffee shop by the name of CHASE, in adliya, its a good indoor joint, they have snacks available and also the popular hubbly bubbly INDOOR.

Good... This is moving! XD

Hi, Artist! We are already three! Saket didn't write here, but he is coming too.

In order to choose an easy landmark for tomorrow, we decided to meet in the Starbucks coffee located in Juffair's main street (the one with a lots of restaurants) tomorrow at 18:00 h, in the open air space in front of the door.

The choice is not very original, but we can meet there and move later to the place you proposed.

See you!

I'm innn !! very good idea ! let's meet !
when are you available?

Hi, I like this idea! But I just saw the message and I'm in Egypt today - would love a collective meeting though. Like you I want to meet people but I get a lot of messages on this blog from boys who I think just want to meet girls ... and I am married, so not interested in that!

Felicity

Hi All,

Sorry I was quite busy the past few days and could not check this blog out :( .

Anyway, My husband and me are quite interested in this idea(unless its ladies gathering only).

I think you guys already met up on Friday , however we can plan plan for another one during the week or on weekend.

So thank you spaniardxxx for this step and lets hear from you soon.

Ciao
Nora-G

Hi All,

Od¡f course we can meet this week too, and of course it is not only for ladies.
On Friday we were only three, but I am sure that more people will join little by little, especially after Christmas.
So... any suggestions for the next meeting? :)

Sorry, I could'nt keep up with this since I was traveling this last week.

May I have an update on the upcoming meet? Please write to me directly on [email protected] or feel free to call me on 33541818.

cheers...

Dear all,

who's in for a christmas dinner this week end?in Adlya where we can find many restaurant or another place..upt to you
hope to see you !!

ciao :-)

i dont celebrate christmas but my husband and i would love to meet new friends!

I don't celebrate Xmas too...i forget to precise that I work today..who is available on saturday?

Have a good day !
bye

co0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0L

count me in if u need a guide around bahrain.

Adliya can be fine...
Unfortunately, I am extremely busy this weekend and I am not sure if I will be able to join you.
Bou, when you set the final place & time , let me know and I will do my best to attend.
:)

I'm interested to catch up this coming Saturday, but I will arrive Bahrain by 10pm only since I'm currently in Dubai and returning tomorrow night.

If its ok to meet up by 10 to 10.30 pm then do let me know. I can drive to adliya but may need directions to get to the place.

Just in case, if you guys happen to have a firm plan, one of u may call me on 33541818. I'm risking my contact info here, n hope no misuse is intended.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing u guys.

Hey friends ,

I'm moved in Bahrain so I feel so lonely..there is new date ?

I will be crazy I have to talk people

What happened to this?

Yes, Im also wondering if there are any meets happening soon?

folks...there was a lot of noise about this...please, come up n make it happen !!

Dear All,

These days many people is out of Bahrain. I, for example, am in Spain for a couple of weeks, so I won't be able to attend any meetings until the weekend of the 21-22 Jan.

Anyway, any of you who are interested can set a date and place and arrange a meeting in the coming days.

Enjoy!

Definitely interested in this, always good to meet new people!

Juffair/Adliya area is always a good place to start too!

Let me know,

Ryan

I am in also inform us the place I will be there

Hello,

Did this meet happen at all ??
When it does, do count me in. Or should you need help in mobilizing a group, I provide a helping hand.

It would be good for this to happen.
Cheers

Hi to everybody,

What do you think about meeting this coming Friday, Jan 21, in Adliya around 19:00?
Any suggestions about the place?
See you! :)

I'm in!

This Friday sounds good to me.

hi everyone..im back in bahrain after a long vacation...would love to join in for this meeting..sounds fun - is it still on for friday 21st?

I m in....
how about don vitos....

is this don vito just off the veranda?

Good Evening All...

I've also just come back from a long vacation and would love to join you all this Friday :)

Wow...
How many people!
Let's meet in Don Vito's then at 19:00 this Friday. You have a map with the location here:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/14377891
Bye!

By the way, I have never been to this place before. Adamm, we trust your choice!

Sounds good. See you all then!

Sounds awesome.
See you all!

cheers

how do we identify each other at all ? at don vito im sure there would be tonnes of people already.. thoughts? tags?

I have sticked this discussion ;)

that cool guys....see u all then...

See you all at 7pm at Don Vitos!

cris4ang wrote:

is this don vito just off the veranda?

Yar..cross the dual carriage way and the first road to the left if your facing juffair, etc.

what a good night guys...see u in the next meeting..

cheers

rm-london wrote:

See you all at 7pm at Don Vitos!

where are u been..we didn't see u at don vitos..

hey guys, how was the meeting last evening? its a shame i couldnt make it! hopefully next time around?!

Hi,

The meeting was good. Thank you all and in particular to "Spaniardxxx" for making it happen.

btw, as promised, here are the rock show details:
- Tabasco Charlie's TCs @ Adhari Hotel, Manama Souq
- Friday, January 28 at 7:00pm - January 29 at 2:00am (yes 2 am)
- Search for "Resurrection (Rock/Metal Night)" on FB.

Maybe we all can catch up at this event.

Cheers
God Bless